Chapter Twenty Nine: Kiax City

The six of them followed Cass' lead into the city, and approached an endless wide lane of small storefronts and bars with market stands lining the walls.

Cass and Tech led the group with their hands melded together. Cass argued that they should remain hand-in-hand for warmth, and though Tech knew her hands were no longer numb and it was most likely a simple ploy, he complied and continued resting his palm against hers.

Omega perched happily upon Wrecker's shoulders, ooh-ing and ah-ing at anything she could spot. Hunter and Echo trailed behind conversing about their next move after this visit, but would occasionally get a hush from Omega telling them that everyone is on a break from missions that day. After the third reprimand from the child, the men gave up and finally decided to enjoy the peace of the quiet market.

Omega's eyes caught sight of something tiny and luminescent and as deep blue as the oceans of Kamino on one of the stands.

"Ooh! What's that?" Omega squealed and turned Wrecker towards the left, pulling on his ears and steering him like a bridled orbak.

Tech lowered his visor with his free hand and quickly scanned the blue gem she was pointing at. He waited for the information to appear on his screen, then relayed the text.

"It's an Azurite stone naturally found on Bandomeer, and is mainly used for ornamentation," he stated—and just as he was about to raise his visor, she spoke again.

"And what about that, Tech? I've never seen a droid like that," Omega patted the top of Tech's head and stuck out a finger towards the far corner of a small-scaled mechanic workshop.

"It's a DUM-series pit droid," Tech answered stately. "They're designed for maintaining pod racers-"

"A pod racer? What are those? They sound really fun!" she gasped—interrupting Tech as he was about to spew information—but nonetheless she was too delighted in other things to catch her fault.

"A pod racer is-"

"Ooh! What are those?" she interrupted again and gestured another time just out of pure excitement.

Tech was ready to erupt facts about pod racing and Tatooine and the Boonta Eve Classic, but he felt stunted when Omega halted him mid-sentence. Cass squeezed his hand to assure him the child didn't mean to break off his rant.

"Those...are just lemons, Omega," Tech squinted up at her.

"Oh, right," Omega shrugged sheepishly and tapped her thumbs against Wrecker's head.

Hunter and Echo chortled behind her, cooly observing the child and her wide eyed stares at anything and everything that moved or sparkled.

"Go that way, Wrecker," she directed and swerved the clone towards the next stand which happened to be covered with an assortment of flowers. "I like those ones."

Tech gazed over and scanned with his visor where Omega's eyes has landed—on the smaller bundle of pink flowers that were just beginning to bud. "Those appears to be a uneti blossoms."

The petite merchant woman who owned the flowers nodded at his statement, confirming that he was correct.

"The Great Tree at the Jedi Temple was an uneti tree," Cass added wistfully and smiled to herself, remembering the times she and her master would meditate underneath it.

"They're so pretty," Omega hummed.

The merchant woman waved at Omega, and Omega sweetly responded with a smile. The woman flagged down Wrecker with a gesture of her palms, then plucked two flowers from the bundle. When the woman motioned to the child, Wrecker kneeled down so Omega could meet the woman face-to-face.