Chapter 44

"I can't believe your leaving tomorrow." I pouted, crossing my laid legs across Lavender's lap.

"I know," she sighed, "Two weeks wasn't enough."

Arms suddenly came from behind me, and a head nuzzled my shoulder, "And to think we'd leave you all alone with this closet."

I smiled, scanning my large walk in with various draws, mirrors, a bathroom, and closets adorned with multiple pairs of shoes, handbags, and clothes. "I'll just have to come visit you guys, again."

Nathaniel kissed my forehead, and lounged on the nearby couch. "When's our flight again?"

Lavender closed her eyes to remember the crucial detail. "Ten-thirty p.m. So that means we'll have to leave at around seven."

Nathaniel groaned, running a hand through his gorgeous hair.

I gasped, a brilliant idea flashing in my mind. "What if I come too?"

Lavender clapped her hands. "Road trip!"

"But we're going on a plane." Nathaniel pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"Same thing." She shooed it away. "Go ask Lucy!"

I removed my legs from her lap, and stood. "I'll be right back."

I left my bedroom and jogged down the long, wooden staircase. Every step left a loud noise which riveted off the walls. Lucy was reading some type of document in the library.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked, poking my head in.

She nodded without diverting her attention and motioned for me to enter.

I leaned against the bookcase. "So, I was thinking.. Would it be okay if I went back with Nathaniel and Lavender tomorrow morning?"

Then Lucy finally looked up with parted lips, plucking her reading glasses off her nose.

"Lindsey.." She trailed off, biting her lip with some sort of disapproval.

I just raised an eyebrow, not reading her reaction with ease.

"I wanted to talk to you about that."

"About what?" I asked, my tone softening.

"I don't think that's such a great idea." She blatantly stated.

"Why not?"

"I'm not trying to sound harsh, but do you really plan to travel back and forth to see him? You need to think about your future, Lindsey." Lucy blinked, her tone holding no hint of remorse of any kind.

"He is my future." I argued, my jaw starting to shake.

"What about College? You've gotten many acceptance letters, but you haven't even looked at one." She emphasized.

"I'm taking my time." I numbly said.

"The deadline to your answer is soon. As your mother-"

"You are not my mother." I clipped, angry.

Lucy frowned, sadly looking at me. "As your guardian," I noticed a flicker of correction, "I want the best for you."

"Nate is in my life, Lucy." I leaned on the chair for support. "I've already lost him once, and I knew what that felt like. I'm not prepared to go through that again."

"I'm not saying to end things with him," Lucy soothed, "I'm just stressing your options here. I know what it feels like to miss a man-and I see it in your face everyday your not with him-"