CHAPTER 24

Abhimanyu's POV

I wake up next morning alone. I freshen up and go downstairs . Meera is in the kitchen cutting something while Rey is sitting on the counter , leaning against her. I get a tingling feeling in my chest looking at them. Rey is waving his hands , making noises trying to get her attention. Occasionally she turns towards him showing him that she is listening while Rey keeps squealing. 

I go over to them and put an arm around Meera's waist and the other Rey. He shouts "dada" on seeing me. I was so happy when he said that for the first time yesterday.  I hug her from behind and hold her for sometime enjoying the calm. She's different, special. On one side I feel so calm and peaceful with her and on the other hand every time I touch her I feel hot and its like sparks shooting up my body.

I move away to take juice out of the fridge when I notice that she is not in her nightwear. In fact she is dresses up for work. 

"Leaving early today", I ask, its more of a statement actually.

"Yeah. Actually I have to leave in 10 mins", she says . 

"Don't go ", I whisper tightening my hold on her 

"Okay"

"Wait seriously?"

"No of course. I'm leaving , bye", she says kissing Rey and then me. I hold on to her deepening the kiss. We break apart and she leaves for her work. Well then I think I should get ready and go too.  

I go to my room, take a shower and change into my suit. After that I get Reyansh ready and drop him to the mansion because no is at home. 

Home. I never realized how incomplete it was without Meera. I guess even Rey realized this and I know for a fact that he absolutely adores her. Whenever we all are together , he always wants all her attention only towards him . He has never been like this with anyone. He has always been a quiet child not mingling with anyone. He always used to stick to me but never demanded anyone's attention ever like her did for Meera.

In that moment I realized that he did need a mother. I used to think that I was enough for him and even Rey dint give any indications otherwise, until Meera. She came like a storm and turned our lives upside down, in a good way. Deep down I was scared. Will she accept us ? I want to be with her. I want her to be my wife , I want her to be Reyansh's mother, I want to wake up next to her every morning, I want to talk to her, fight with her, I want her. 

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I dint even notice when I had reached. Parked my car and made my way towards my office ignoring  everyone on my way as  usual. Payal came in and told me my schedule for the day. I have two meetings from 2 to 5. There's still a little time in that so I ask her to bring out the annual report. 

Reyansh is staying with ma and dad today. I decide to do something special for Meera as we have never been out together and I want to spend as much time I can with her. So I decide to surprise her by setting up a fancy dinner at home, probably in the backyard. I know that she wont be home before 7 at least. I finish my meetings at 5 so I can go home and set everything up. 

Should I ask someone for suggestions because I have never done anything like this before. If I ask Nikhil he will tease me for the rest of my existence. The same applies to everyone else to. I guess I'll have to do it alone. How hard can it be? It doesn't matter, Meera is worth everything. 

***********

I'm done with all my meetings. I head home and decide to set everything up for out date. I set up tables and chairs in the backyard, decorate the place with candles and fairy lights. For food, I order pasta because I know that's her favorite . I also get a bottle of champagne. Its 7 now and I'm satisfied with the setting.