colour of the water

holographic whirpools swirl between my fingers as i watch the waxing moons get swallowed by the decaying land

holographic whirpools swirl between my fingers as i watch the waxing moons get swallowed by the decaying land. green palm sap sticks to my sun baked skin while i blow on cotton candy dandelions into the salty mist. if i could have you back i would spin you celestial worlds of splintering stars and glowing suns, i would draw you in the pages of my rusted poetry books, i would weave the fabric of your soul into the crisp taffeta that wraps my skin. i plunged my tethered heart into the seafoam hoping that the water could guide my severed heartstrings to you, but you're in an another world far away with spilling constellations and evanescent comets.

the day you left me is still imprinted on each and every inch of my skin like smeared bloodstains. between the sips of rusty chardonnay and cherry tinted kisses, you told me that you never loved me. and then you left, extinguishing all the burning passion of the seaside with its fuzzy yellow bees and flickering fireflies. the ocean churned and howled and roared, but you had already left the sea salt air with its lavender and rose gold dusted sunsets. my days without you were filled with cigarettes dangling from my lips and drinking the asphyxiating mauve skies. tepid waves of gushing crystal water and heat waves hummed in my ears which yearned to hear the dulcet melody of your soul.

the whole ocean stood by me as the balmy breeze whipped into a frigid one with icicles piercing my crumbled heart. i waited for you at the edge of pastel filtered sunsets, waiting to hear the familiar rhythm of your heartbeat, to wrap my cold fingertips around your warm skin, to press my lips against yours; breathing in the cherry scented love that i had with you. but you never came.

seasons faded, colours of the water changed but my love for you never did.
-

a/n
i know i haven't updated since forever and i am so sorry:/ but i hope you enjoyed this one <3