Chapter 14

Rose's POV

"Hunter.."

He shifts from our position as he hugs me tighter.

"Yes kitten"

"Is it normal if I feel a sting pain in the heart when i'm in wolf state?" I asked, enjoying his cocoon touch. Then, in a blink he positioning me in front of him and pull me up to sit on the counter. He cage me up both sides on it with his hand.

"I never heard of that before" he said while he sneaks both of his arm around my waist. I don't know why, i didn't mind at all. I've become accustom with his touch.

"...and another thing, is it possible if i'm a werewolf but my mum is not?" I didn't realize my fingers glide through his hair.

"That's why we need to figure it somehow kitten. Is it either your mum or your dad"

"I never met my dad. My mum always dodge that question and I don't want to ask again. Every time I asked, she would go crazy" i said as my hand fell down on his shoulders.

"We'll find out together who's your dad?" He lean closer to me and I nod.

"When did it happen? Your heart pain?" He asked, concern.

"Since..the day at the diner, when I first met you"

"How frequent?" he asked again.

"It happened randomly. To be honest, i don't think it's related to medical issue. I can feel it. It must be something wrong with my body. I'm scared" I quiver. Hunter took my hand and kiss it softly.

"I'm here kitten. I'm not going anywhere. I'll figure out something for you okay" he drag me down from the counter and walk me to the living room. I follow him curiously. We stopped at the few frame pictures on the wall and Hunter showed me this one particular frame in the middle and I stare at it, it's the protective mantra.

"Who give this to you?"

"It's mum's. She bought it at an antique store at our previous place before we moved here"

"What is it?" He stare at the frame long enough. I realized he did the same before. I don't know why he is so curious about that picture.

"You don't know? It's a protective mantra, silly. She said the owner of the shop would say it's an incantation but to me it's a mantra. The same thing obviously" i chuckle. Can't he even read? It stated there clearly. He turns his face at me weirdly, like i have 2 heads.

"How do you know? It's a bunch of symbols here, Rose" He asked curious. He seems investigating on something.

"It's stated there on it. Here look" i pointed out at the title on the top.

"It stated 'Protective Incantation'..."

Then, i lower my finger to the second sentences and onwards.

"All acts of negativity will now return to thee,
All bad you try to send my way upon your own self will hold sway,
All actions, thoughts and words of hate become your own decided fate,
Harm to none, as only good may enter here"

A loud thud and angry groaning jerks my body as I turn my face to Hunter. I gasp. He's kneeling on the ground in pain as his veins pops out against his skin.

"FUCK!" A loud growl escape from his lips as his eyes changing colors to his wolf and in any second, Hunter's back. My pulse heighten in fear. 

"H-hunter what happen?!" I kneel to him frantically and pull his hand. Sparks ignites through our skin and i can feel his pain subdue as he slowly sits on the floor. Realization hits me. I caressed both of Hunter's face and make his face stare at mine.

"Hunter, it's okay. Calm down. It's going to be okay" i comfort him. His breathing is uneven as sweats all over him.

This mate bond, he needs my touch to calm his nerve down. I caressed his cheek more and both of his hands grip on my arm. That wonderful sparks flew over my body. Then his hands glide into my back as he inserts both of it beneath my school shirt, gliding his warm big hand against my back skin. I shiver. He pulls me closer and I hug him back. His body relax.

"You scared me! What's going on" my voice waiver as I check his body and face.

"That mantra" he said between seethed teeth.

"I knew there's something wrong with that fucking symbols" he snarl. I look at him with confusion. What symbol?

"Hunter, what are you talking about?"

"Rose, i can't read or understand that thing like you did. You said it's a protection incantation, it's a protection against people like us. Werewolf. There must be some kind of witchcraft or something and you...you can read it" he stares at me while grabbing my hand.

"How Rose" he asked.

I don't know what to say. I just did. To me, it's not symbols. It's an alphabet and it combined into words. Witch?

"I-i don't know, it's just i can understand it when mum bought-" i wince as he pulls me up roughly. He took out his phone and in few clicks, he shows me this one picture in his gallery.

"What it says" his cold tone send shivers to my spine. I took the phone from him and read it.

"Give me the breed...or else the others will flee, give me the child or...the others will..die" i read.

I breath as my skin crawls in horror. This is blackmailing. I look at the picture carefully and it's covered in red spot on the cloth. Blood?

"Hunter? Tell me what happen? Where did you find this?" He didn't budge from his place and without warning i was pull briskly.

"Go pack your things, we're leaving" he rush towards the stairs. His cold tone is like a slap to my face. Just now, we were loving and comforting each other but now he's acting like a jerk.

"We're not going anywhere unless you tell me what's going on" why can't we be peace for one whole day long. He ignores me and he pulls me upstairs. Why he always drag me whenever he wants!

"Hunter! Tell me!" I hissed.

"Behave kitten" his venomous tone sync with the angry rain. Since when it starts to become heavy? It's start to dark. 

"Why can't you tell me, just tell me! I'm sick of you always drag me all you like..follow your ways. In a minute ago, you was nice and now you act like a jerk!" he stop in front of my room and slam me against the door. I control my tears. He cage both of my hands both side and i flinch from the strong hold.

"Behave,mate" his sharp husky tone sets me on urge as the rain pours heavily while thunder strikes continuously.

"That is your problem Hunter. I am just your mate.." i cried. I can't hold it anymore. My heart breaks so much because I'm started to open up to him.

"Sometimes i feel that you want me because i am your mate, not as a person" I let it out as I sob.

"You're wrong kitten" His voice booming through the hallway.

"Yes, i am wrong. I am wrong for trusting this crazy story of yours" my eyes bore into his fuming eyes. Sometimes i didn't know what the truth is anymore.

"Just let me go Hunter. I pack my things like you told. You want me to be an obedient-"

"Ergh-" my heart. It happened again. My eyes becomes hazy as the pain becomes worst. Hunter let go of my hand and cradle me towards him.

"Shit!"

"It happened a-again. It-hurts" i rub my chest and cocoon myself against his touch. This time it feels like hell, it feels like it is torn apart. I scream. I can't breath properly. It beats crazily as Hunter touch really doesn't do much. Hunter brisk walking to my room and put me on my bed. He sniffs me and he growl.

"I knew it!"

What did he knew? What should i know? I scream in pain as i didn't realised my nails claw into Hunter's hand.

"What should I-"