Chapter 9

Mr. Serrano is a kind-hearted man.

Despite his scary aura and evil brandings on his body, he is a good man. 

Ara concluded in her mind. She had not expected him to forgive her this easily. She had assumed the worst of him by what Jenna had told her. The woman had labeled him as selfish, insensitive, and whatnot. So Ara was expecting him to yell at her, kick her out of his room. But much to her surprise, he not only let her stay in his room but also gave her a chance to speak, and forgave her. She can't explain in words, how relieved she felt in that moment. It felt as if a giant boulder had been lifted off her non-existent breasts. However, she was still confused about his reaction when she started massaging his leg. Why did he react that way? Didn't he want her to massage his legs? If not then why did he spread his legs? She knew she had made some mistake by his reaction but what, she couldn't fathom. 

Jenna was shocked beyond measure when she told her the good news. The woman asked her thrice to confirm that she wasn't hearing things. Ary knew that Jenna and others didn't hold a good opinion of Mr. Serrano. She couldn't undesratnd why. She didn't find him cruel. If anything, the man did her a favor by forgiving her after all the troubles she made him go through. He is such a kind man.  

Ara didn't dwell much on that though. Today was a new day, a new beginning and she had decided to make the most of it. 

She woke up as usual at 6. The sun was already out and beaming. She finished her morning ablutions, made herself a cup of coffee, sipped on it while admiring the outside view from her room, and then headed to Angela's room at 6:58. 

Angela's tiny body was wrapped under a layer of the velvety purple duvet. Ara turned off the AC and walked over to her bed to wake her up. 

"Get up, Angel," she cooed in her ear while combing her fingers through her messy hair.

"A minute, please," Angela mumbled as she turned her face to another side

"Now that you have left me with no choice," Ara commented mischievously before she peeled the duvet off her and started to tickle her chubby body. Angela let out a loud giggle as she squirmed under her fingers. 

"I am awake..I am awake," she worded through her giggle.

.......................

Today, Ara helped Jenna in making breakfast. She made oreo milkshakes and Cinnamon rolls. Milkshake for Angela and Rolls for Mr. Serrano as a token of appreciation. She wanted him to know that she was grateful for the kindness he showed her.  

After making her milkshake she asked Jenna to keep an eye on her rolls-- which were in the oven-- as she had to go and prepare Angela for the day. The clock struck 8:15. Angela's breakfast time was 8:30. She rushed to her room, picked her up from the bathroom after she was done bathing. Ara helped her get dressed. She combed her soft blond hair into pigtails and carried her to the kitchen.     

After placing her in her chair, she went over to the kitchen counter. As if on cue, the oven beeped. Her rolls were ready. Her eyes lit up with exuberance when the machine chimed. She excitedly took the tray out of the oven. The minute the tray came out, the mouth-watering aroma of cinnamon rolls started floating in the air. 

"It smells good," Jenna inhaled deeply before nodding her approval. Ara's smile grew.  

She brought the tray to the table. Angela's eyes brightened.

"Cinnamon Rolls," she exclaimed, lovestruck. 

"You like them, Don't you, Angel?" Ara said as she started to pile her plate with food. Angela started nodding her head eagerly.