Chapter 10

She is just a maid. 

Maid or caretaker, the same fucking shit. 

Killian was furious with himself for even thinking about her in that way. He could never be attracted to a low life like her. Someone as plain as her. Her clothes reflected her lack of class. Her conduct spoke of her crudeness. Her flat-like-board frame revealed her poor status. An orphan on top of that. Who knows whose blood is running through her veins. She was everything that turns him off and yet.... 

Killian has a class, a status. Even his whores possess a certain class and prestige in society.

He doesn't fuck women with no class. That's just beneath him.

He needed to clear his head. Perhaps the lack of sex was messing with his head. Yes. It has to be it. He concluded that he needed a good hard fuck. 

There is nothing a good fuck can't solve. 

........................       

Today is Angela's 7th birthday. A big day. Ara is rushing off her feet preparing for the occasion. She was going to make the day as special for her as possible. 

Angela didn't have a proper birthday celebration since her parents' death. She had no one who would wake her up singing the birthday songs to her. No one would kiss her cheeks and tell her how lucky they are to have her in their lives. No one to pull her into a warm hug. The only difference between the other day and her birthday was the grand dinner that would take place on her birthday. 

Jennifer had told Ara how the little girl had lost her spirit after death claimed her parents' life. Ara was familiar with the stinging feeling of loneliness, being parentless. No child should feel on their own. Lonely. Ara and Angela were similar in many ways. They both had lost their parents. Even though they were surrounded by people who cared for them, they both were all alone. And they both needed an anchor to buoy them up. Ara never had one growing up but she was determined to become Angela's anchor. She will be her family.

Carrying a chocolate fudge cake that she had baked for Angela, she headed towards her room.

Last night, she was two minds regarding looping in Mr. Serrano about her plan for Angela's birthday. After pondering over it for like hours, she decided to inform him in the morning over breakfast. However, to her relief, Mr. Serrano had already left for work early in the morning. Ara was a tad bit disappointed in him though. He should have at least wished Angela her birthday before leaving. After all, he was the only person Angela had as a family.  

Jennifer, Robert, and other staff members followed her as she made her way into Angela's room. She turned on the light and found the little girl buried under the velvety duvet; only her blond mop was peeking out the cover. Ara turned on the light. The room brightened up divulging the decoration lacing the room. Ara had already decorated her room with pink and white blown-up balloons. A giant "Happy Birthday," banner was hanging on the wall across her bed. Gift boxes piled up on her bedside table. She had also laid her gift along with Jennifer's and others. She had bought a coloring set for her. Angela loved to draw. 

She padded towards the little sleeping beauty. A soft smile graced her lips as she peeled the blanket off Angela's tiny face. 

She gently slid the unruly baby hair off her round face. 

"Wake up, Princess," she started stroked her soft hair affectionately. Angela whined and turned to another side.   

"I know you are awake. Get up, Angel," Ara faked a stern voice. 

"Five minutes, Ary," Angel replied groggily

"No 5 minutes. It's time to wake up or do you want me to go the hard way?" a playful smile tugged her lips at the idea.