Chapter 11

He didn't want her but he also didn't want others to want her. 

White-hot jealousy flushed through his veins, consuming every bit of him as he stared furiously at his hands that were rubbing against her cheeks. His eyes burning holes into their point of contact. He hated it, his hands on her and the smile it brought to her face. He loathed it to no end. Is the punk her boyfriend? Why the hell is she not resisting him? He ground his jaw and clenched his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned white, all the while glowering at her. The fire within him burning away all the reasons, logic-- filling him with bitter and destructive anger. Only thing on his mind, get him away from her. 

He didn't realize when his feet started towards them. In a few long urgent strides, he was standing next to them. His hand itched to grab the boy by his collar and rip him into two. The duo, oblivious to his evil presence, remained busy in their innocuous engagement. Before he could realize, words that he wasn't supposed to speak flew out of his mouth on their own.         

"Remove your hands," his voice deep and cold like steel. His sudden interruption snatched both Gary and Ara's attention as they stopped in their track and turned towards the voice, not knowing it was him.

Her innocent blue eyes widened in surprise when they clapped on the person standing next to her. He wasn't looking at her though. His greyish-green orbs were fixed intently on Gary's hand that was resting against her cheek. Gary also appeared to be wearing the same expression as hers. Killian watched as Gary withdrew his damn hands from her face and let them drop on his sides. It was then he blinked for the first time. The sight eased the burn in his chest a bit.

He looked up and found both of them gaping at him with a puzzled expression. The realization of what he just did struck him like a train. They both were anticipating an answer from him. The answer that he didn't have. He himself didn't know why he did that. Or perhaps he knew it. He was speechless. 

"Sir?" Gary urged for him to speak.

He blinked twice before letting his gaze wander around the room, working his mind for an explanation. 

"I..I have to go out. Take out the car now," he responded while scratching his brow with his thumb. It took him only three seconds to come up with a believable lie. 

"Alright, sir," Gary said. He took one look at Ara before leaving. He smiled at her and Ara returned it with her own. Their non-verbal interaction didn't go unnoticed by Mr. Serrano. His eyes narrowed into the slit. He cleared his throat to snatch her attention from him. That worked. She immediately turned her eyes towards him.

But before he could hold her gaze, she dropped her eyes. A habit of her that had started to grate on his nerves now. She would never meet his gaze, never giving him a chance to explore her sinless blue orbs.

Ara would never meet his eyes out of respect. She had seen other staff members doing that and so she was just following the unspoken caveat.

This time, Killian couldn't fight the temptation of staring into her eyes. Especially, after seeing her with Gary. He had noticed how her eyes had brightened up when they found him as if.......he clenched his jaw as raw anger started to boil inside him. He took a step closer, causing her heartbeat to accelerate. His large frame towering over her tiny body. 

"Look at me," he commanded in a gruff tone. She frowned slightly. She couldn't fathom why he wanted her to look at him. She didn't want to look into his intimidating eyes. They would get him more nervous than she already was. Reluctantly, she lifted her gaze to meet with his vexed ones.

His eyes were narrowed and his jaw was tensed. A cold shiver ran down her spine. He was glaring daggers at her as if she was a thorn in his side. So angry. She felt uncomfortable but the man didn't stop glowering at her. His treacherous eye traveled down to her lips which were stained by chocolate. His gaze lingering longer than usual on her soft petals before it darted back to her eyes. This time, his eyes held something different. He stepped closer till there was just an inch of gap between them. The girl fisted the side of her dress as he looked down at her. Sweat bedewed her nape. The girl fought the temptation of lowering her eyes.