9.

When Ivy woke up it was late in the morning, the sun casting long shadows through the blinds. Something was missing, a part of her routine left undone. She looked around at the calm apartment before realising. Sam's softly snoozing face enough to jolt the memory back.

Oh.

This was the first time, in a painfully long while, that she'd woken up with someone by her side. In every sense of the word. Just a person by her side sleeping peacefully.

Ivy had gotten a few missed calls from her grandfather, wondering where she had been. She also had a few texts from her friends talking about how fun it was last night.

Sam's eyes fluttered open as he winced from the sunlight. He found himself surprised at how his arm rested on top of Ivy's stomach as he pulled it away.

"Good morning." He breathed out.

"Good morning." She replied back, a small smile on her face. Sam's eyes trailed down to her clothes, his tank top did NOT fit her at all. Half of her boobs were about to spill out, but she didn't seem like she minded.

"So...do you remember everything that happened or..." Sam trailed off, unable to continue that sentence. He was a little uncomfortable.

"Yes, I remember. Don't worry." She replied, a small laugh to accompany the tension.

Ivy found herself in the bathroom with a new, spare toothbrush in her mouth. Sam waltzed in after her as she brushed away. "Do you mind if i-"

"No." Ivy said, though it came out as a grunt with the toothpaste all in her mouth. But he knew what she meant. Her hair was ratty and she realised she was in his shorts, it was the only thing that fit her anyways.

"Breakfast?" Sam offered, but fresh fruit and pancakes was just hidden behind his incentive to make her stay longer.

"I'll do it." She replied. Sam didn't care who cooked, as long as she was here.

He sat on the chair, one arm stretched out completely on the table, caressing a warm cup of coffee, the other arm in the pocket of his pants as he leaned back and watched Ivy cook their breakfast. She made the best coffee.

When she was done, Ivy set down the plate and it immediately put a smile onto his face. It was eggs, pancakes and bacon. The pancakes had maple syrup all over them with a whipped - cream smiley face to top it off. He had a lot of bacon on his plate, way more than she did.

He chucked some bacon into her plate with one clean, quick shove of his fork.

"No," She insisted, "I don't eat much in the morning."

"Well you should. Otherwise you'll feel worse."

-

Ivy stayed a while longer to clean the dishes and get everything in order, before she decided to leave and call her grandpa. Sam waved at her car driving out of his driveway.

It was nice to have someone live with him, especially Ivy. Sam enjoyed silence but he never though he'd actually enjoy a silence with someone else right next to him. It was a nice change after being alone and lonely for so long.

He did manage to ask her to hang out with him the next day after this one, another stupid delay because he couldn't ask her a week prior. He was only doing this to himself.

Ivy was confused, as to what he was asking at first considering the first time he asked Sam had managed to sputter out an incoherent sentence. She said yes on the third try, and even then Sam didn't think it was perfect. He observed the way her lips parted slightly and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Sam hoped to god she said yes because she wanted to and not out of polite obligation.