Chapter 6

How could I feel this way? This out of control. I should be repulsed by his advances. For he is a complete stranger. A stranger who is defamed for being the safe haven of demons. Then how is it that I am feeling so safe in his arms? Am I even making any sense?  

Him and I. This was so not right. I pushed him away as the severity of the matter hit me. My mom would lose her job if Claymonts came to know about it. I shouldn't forget my place. I was just a maid's daughter and he was the heir of the Claymont family. We were no match.   

I was prepared for a hateful glare from him but what I was not prepared for was the sorrow that swept over his features instantly when I ripped myself away from him. He made no attempt to hide his hurt expression and that killed me even more. 

"You don't understand. I am a maid's daughter and you...well you are...." I tried to explain to him

But before I could explain any further, he held me by my elbows and inched closer. "No..You are my rose and I am still that boy who couldn't take his eyes off you when he saw you for the first time in the rain," I was completely taken aback by his straightforwardness. His honesty.

"Don't go," he whispered. hope laced his voice. I was dumbstruck. Lost in his brown orbs that urged me to stay. I swallowed a lump and blinked my eyes away from him.

"I can't stay," My voice wavered as I stared again into his eyes to gauge his expression. He looked disheartened. 

A pang stabbed through my heart but I had to be logical here. 

"I am sorry," I said and pulled my hand off his. 

"No," his nose flared when he seethed. I jumped a step backward, startled by his tone. My eyes widened when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into him. My breasts slammed into his chest. His expression stone cold. But the beat of his heart told me how anxious he was.   

"You are not going anywhere," he rasped sternly. I was too shocked to protest or say anything.

And in the very next moment, his hard expression melted into a soft one.  

My knees buckled when he lifted his finger and stroke my jaw lightly. His heated orbs following the motion of his fingers. His warm breath grazing my cheeks.     

" You belong here....with me," he whispered sensually while cupping my cheek and nudging his nose against mine. Slowly but erotically. I closed my eyes as jolts of current washed through my veins. We were not making any sense. The man I met just an hour ago was staking his claim on mine. And I had no problem with that. I wanted to nod and let him do anything with me that would affirm his claim. I was so lost. 

 My core quivered in need when he drew back and looked me in the eye. His brown orbs many shades darker. He resembled a starving predator and I was his prey. My heart skipped a beat when he dipped lower to take my mouth in his. Instinctively, I closed my eyes waiting for his hot lips to set my body on fire. But before his mouth could claim mine, the face of my mother flashed before my eyes. And his entire family who had treated me as their own. How can I do this to them? I can't betray them. 

In the next moment, I shoved him off me with force, spun around, and strode towards the door in a quick flash. I refrained from looking back as I knew the power he held over me. Just one look and I would go running back into his arms. So I kept my gaze forward and raced out of the door before he could catch me.

I saw him walking towards me before I closed the door. My heart tore in two when I twirl the key into the lock. 

He banged against the door.

"Don't go," he pleaded from the other side of the door. Why was his voice cutting through my soul? Just an hour with him and I had already gotten addicted to him. And he to me. I had changed. I had turned into a fiend.

"Come back to me," my heart kicked when he said that. What wouldn't I give to take that offer? What wouldn't I trade away to spend an eternity in his arms? But it wasn't about me only. It was also about our family too. I turned a deaf eye to his pleas and locked the door. I leaned against the wall, staring at the door as he kept thumping it. 

He stopped after a while. An eerie silence fell over the air. He must have gotten tired of fisting against the door. So I started walking towards the stairs. But my feet jerked to an abrupt halt when I heard a crashing sound coming from his room. My heartbeat accelerated and my ears perked up in response. And then came another ear-splitting sound of something crashing against the floor. The cloud of worries shadowed my thought process. 

He was venting out his anger on things. Another loud noise of crashing rippled through the air. I was terrified and concerned both. What just got into him? 

I was tempted to unlock the door and barge into the room. But I did the opposite of that. I ran down the stairs and sprinted towards the main door. This all was too much to take in one single night. I dialed Mrs. Greyson's number while on the run. The ring was still going when I heard the sound of a car screeching to a halt. Relief washed over me as I exited the door and saw Mrs. Greyson and others alighting the car. Mrs. Greyson walked up to me. Worry tainted her expression as soon as she heard the sound of crashing. 

Everybody knew where this noise was coming from. Mr. Greyson ran inside the house without a word to calm the demon who had aroused in Ethan.

"What happened?" Mrs. Greyson asked me. My eyes welled up with tears. I wasn't used to this. 

"I...this....his room," I stammered as tears tumbled over my eyes. I was groping for words but nothing was coming out of my tortured lips. 

"My son," My focus shifted to Mrs. Claymont who was still standing by the car. Her eyes trained on the window as tears streamed down her cheek. That was the first time I had seen her expressing any emotion. She looked without any hope. Melancholy shone through her dull green eyes. As if she had admitted her defeat and was just existing through her existence. 

Guilt struck my guts with full force as I knew the reason behind her tears was me. Nothing of this would have happened had I not given in to my desires. 

Mrs. Greyson rushed towards Mrs. Claymont to console the old woman, sparing me any more questions. I turned to the side to head towards my house when I saw Oliver standing on the other side of the car, eyeing me suspiciously. A shiver clawed up my spine when I met his gaze. He knew something was amiss. But I ignored his penetrating gaze and started walking towards my house, leaving behind a broken mother and a chaotic soul that longed for me.  

I banged the door shut and rested my head against it. There was no unsavory noise floating in the air which meant he had stopped trashing his room. I took a sigh of relief and waited for my raging heart to calm down.

Mom was still sleeping. I climbed up to my room without checking on her. My mind was running wild with profound thoughts. All of them concerned Ethan. 

What happened today wasn't supposed to happen. I wasn't supposed to let him touch me. I wasn't supposed to let him kiss me. But I couldn't control myself when his rough fingers scraped my soft skin. When his thirsty lips devoured my juicy ones.

A mild ache vibrated through my core as the memories of those sinful moments buzzed through my head. I had never wanted someone as much as I wanted him. And I had never felt wanted as much as he made me feel. 

An angel stuck in hell.

But he wasn't my angel. He wasn't my destiny. He wasn't my end goal. 

I decided not to even wander near that room ever again. It was just a one-time thing. I should be thanking my stars that Mrs. Greyson didn't enquire further. I knew I would've spilled the truth. 

I sprawled on the bed and closed my eyes, determined to never repeat the mistake again. It was later I realize that he had different plans.

He was dead set on making me his. No matter the cost. 

Please Like And Comment