Chapter 9

Happiness is loving your life. And I am loving my life very much right now. All because of him. Him. What should I call him? A stranger? but I feel like I know him since forever. An acquaintance? Well, that would be hypocritical of me to say that. I am well acquainted with the taste of his lips, tongue, skin, and that explains just fine that we are more than acquaintances. A friend? But you don't kiss your friend or dry hump them for that matter. My cheeks burned the brightest shade of red as the memories flew through my head. His hand all over my body and how much I enjoyed that. I discovered something new about me that day. I had no idea I could be this lusty. That feeling, though. It felt as if I was burning from inside. A sweet kind of burning sensation spreading all across my skin. 

Maybe lovers? Whoa..where that thought came from? I slapped the back of my head. Ethan Claymont and I can never happen. He is the sole heir of Claymont Industries and I am..I am just an ordinary girl who belongs to the lower middle class. We are no match. The only reason he is giving me so much attention is that he hasn't seen the outside world. There are girls far prettier than me. I twisted my lips as the thought dampened my spirit a bit. I am aware of the fact that I am an average-looking girl. And he is..He is Adonis in a human form. 

The door squeaked, commanding my attention. I stood up as my boss sauntered in, studying a file.

"Spring. You finished your work?" she queried while stepping towards her desk.

"Yes, Dr. Anderson," I nodded. She hummed in response.           

"Alright then. You can leave," she settled into her chair and pulled a file from the heaps of files piled on her desk. 

"Bye and Goodnight, Dr," I wished her. She greeted me back before turning her eyes towards her file.

The day went well. I didn't see Fred today and that was a huge relief.

Mom was in the mansion when I came back home. She had made me dinner but I decided to wait for her. 

I utilized the time by making a chocolate cake for him as an apology for leaving him alone last night. I had bought and brought all the ingredients with me. I made a large chocolate cake to save for Mom and me as well so that Mom doesn't arch a brow at my weird behavior. My go-to place is usually my bed after coming from the hospital and here I am in the kitchen making a cake. It is bound to raise suspicion.

I almost jumped in joy when the microwave beeped. The mouth-watering aroma of cake permeated the entire house, the second I put it out from the microwave. It was smelling really good. I just hoped it tasted good as well.

"What are you doing here?" I spun around and saw Mom watching me with a raised brow. 

"I was craving something sweet," I shrugged while placing the dessert on the plate. She looked unconvinced. I don't blame her for that. She knows very well that I don't have a sweet tooth. 

"But...." 

"Mom..I am really hungry. Let's eat," I cut her in and rubbed my belly to emphasize. Thank god that worked and she stopped with her interrogation.  

I cut two small pieces from the cake for Mom and me and placed them on the table. Mommy doesn't have a sweet tooth just like me. I really really hoped that Ethan likes sweet dishes. Today the mansion had some guests and so Mom had to overwork herself. I thought the cake would ease her up.   

"How is it?" my heart thudding loudly against my chest as I narrowed my eyes and watched her chewing the piece. My heart sank when she twisted her face in what seemed like distaste and then she nodded her head, filling me with hope. And then she glared at the piece, as though, it had robbed her of her one month salary.