Chapter 11

I climbed up the stairs and marched through the familiar passageway to get to his room. For the occasion, I had chosen a red hot dress that reached right above my knee. I had barely touched this dress. The last time was I went out, party with Kristen, which was around two years ago. Luckily, the dress was still in its best condition.

Standing in front of his door, I sniffed myself first. I was smelling good which was no surprise, considering I had literally bathed myself in perfume before coming here. Currently, my scent was diffusing through the air of the mansion, screaming aloud about our secret meetings. I just hope no one decides to wake up and take a walk through the hall.

Once, I was content with my appearance, I unlocked the door and stepped in through the controversial door. I must be looking funny, attired in a fancy red dress while carrying a laptop backpack on my back, which was all the heavier because of all the snacks I had laden it with.

The usually composed rhythm of my heart suddenly turned wild as I strolled further into his living room. My belly was buzzing with all the demonic butterflies, who had chosen this particular moment to go berserk. I was oscillating in the extremities of both nervousness and excitement.

Ethan was nowhere in sight which meant he was in his room. I entered his room and found it empty. The sound of water coming from the bathroom divulged that he was inside, taking a shower. I made use of the time by setting up the laptop on his bed and arranging the snacks. I was still very nervous, not sure how he would react to all this.

I was beyond nervous when I heard the soft click of his bathroom door, revealing him a moment later. Involuntarily, my eyes flew up to meet with his brown ones.

I sucked in a breath when I saw him coming out of his bathroom in nothing but a freaking white towel. His gorgeous physique, glistening with the water droplets. When it comes to seduction, he can easily give a run for their money to even incubus.

I was openly staring at him without any ounce of shame. He didn’t have a six-pack or eight-pack like many men of today's age do. Nor did he have any tattoos. He had a fit body. And I was insanely attracted to it.

My eyes trailed up his exquisite body till they reached his eyes and caught them assessing me with an inscrutable expression. I was nervous all over again. I looked away while unconsciously fiddling with my fingers.

“Stand up,” came his deep voice, a few moments later.

Shyly, I climbed off the bed and stood next to it. My gut, turning and twisting as he stood rooted to his spot, surveying my appearance. I bunched my dress once again to ease my nerves as I sensed him moving closer. Every thought in my head ceased to exist when I felt his hands gripping my shoulders.

“Look at me,” he cooed fondly.

I flipped my eyes up to his face. His brown orbs were darker than usual.

“Did you do it for me?” he whispered as his fingers slowly started to trace a path along my arm, leaving a trail of goosebumps behind.

I hesitantly nodded in yes while peering deep into his eyes, witnessing his orbs dilate in response. A small smile quivered over his lips.

He bent his knees a little to match my height and brought his mouth to my left cheek. He inhaled sharply. “You are going to be the death of me, Rose,” I felt his lips slowly moving against my skin before he placed a kiss on my cheek which was now blushing red. He drew back but his orbs were still glued on me.

He lifted his hand and gently tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear.

“So fascinating, so beautiful,” he murmured to himself but I heard it. I could feel heat dancing on my cheeks. I blinked away. We stayed like this for a few moments. He, fervidly staring at me and I, cluelessly inspecting the floor.