Chapter 12

Dry yellow leaves crunched under my shoes as I strolled towards the bus stop. A smile spread across my face when I glanced up at the sky. The fluffy white clouds coiled uncoiled across the blue boundless canvas. The gentle gusts of breeze teased my hair like a hopeless loverboy. All in all, It was beautiful weather.

I was so thrilled about tonight but at the same time, a little anxious too. Taking Ethan out was a big, big risk. What if something triggered the demon inside him? I had no idea about his condition. I knew next to nothing about him except for the fact that he likes tragic endings. I scoffed internally. Who can ever like tragic endings?

I was a little surprised when I saw Dr. Clinton already in the office. She was early today. I smiled and wished her good morning.  

"Have surgery at 11," she answered my unasked question. I nodded in understanding. 

"What's the matter? Why are you looking so....as if you haven't slept in days?" she asked a little concerned as she walked over to me with a sheet. 

"Ummmm..I..there is a rat in my room. Always making noise..That's why but I'll get rid of it very soon," I lied hoping she would buy it. 

She examined my face for a moment before nodding and handing me the sheet. 

 "Spring, I need you to check up on the patient no............" she assigned me my tasks. I started on the day and was finally able to put my mind off Ethan and our plan for some time. 

It is safe to say I was on pin and needles throughout the day. Work helped only so much to divert attention from him. 

The day finally came to an end and I headed back home. Although Claudia insisted on clubbing tonight to blow off some steam, I waved it off by making up an excuse. 

The night began to dense and my determination started to waver. I tried not to overthink but the questions didn't leave my head. What if someone caught us? What if someone found out about us? I was already skating on thin ice by being involved in an inexplicable relationship with Ethan. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if anyone come to know about us. I was fully aware that what I was doing would be deemed scandalous by others but there was no turning back now. I was far too gone.

I waited for half an hour after the lights of the mansion went off. Didn't want to take any risk. With my heart in my hand, I tiptoed towards his room. The familiar sound of click reached my ear when I opened the lock. The anticipation of seeing him weighed down on me. I pushed the door apart and found him sitting on the couch, waiting for me. 

All thoughts left my mind when my eyes fell on his form. This man knows how to dress to impress. He was wearing a maroon polo shirt and black pair of jeans. Have I mentioned before just how good-looking he is?      

His eyes lit up instantly when he saw me at the door.

"Hey," he climbed to his feet and rewarded me with his ever-dazzling smile. 

"Hey," I whispered. My face, cracking into a silly smile.

He strode over to me and gathered me in his arms before putting his lips on mine. He gave me a closed-mouth kiss and asked me about my day, pulling his lips only a centimeter apart. 

"Good," I murmured, feeling the softness of his lips against mine. He pecked me again. 

"Did you miss me?" his soft lips brushed lightly against mine when he whispered the question. 

I bit into my lips and looked up at him before nodding. He looked pleased by my answer as his lips quirked up imperceptibly from the sides. 

"I missed you too," he sighed before he possessively snatched my lower lip from between my teeth to kiss me harder and deeper. I placed my palm on his chest as he languidly sucked my upper lip and I, his lower lip. And then his tongue was in my mouth, caressing me, pampering me. His kisses always made me feel dizzy with giddiness. There is no adjective, no metaphor to explain how his kisses feel like. All I can say is that his kisses were fatal, hands down life-threatening, for those wicked scrumptious lips had caused my heart to skip multiple beats numerous times.