Screw Up

Y/n and the group was finally able to get the last crystal. Aether held the crystal while Paimon was celebrating. Out of nowhere, a Ruin Guard hit Aether from the back causing his grip on the crystal to lose and fall. Unfortunately, the impure crystal slithered closest to Y/n.

Diluc shouted at her to grab just as the ruined guard was about to step and crush the crystal. Even though she knew that she was not supposed to grab or even go near the crystal. Her instincts tells her otherwise, before
Y/n could comprehend her actions. She leaped towards the crystal grabbing a hold on it and managed to avoid being cursh by the ruined guard.

Y/n felt a burning sensation on her hand when she grab the crystal. Fortunately, the sensation was mild. Due to one of her hand being occupied with a especially important item. Y/n was not able to be much use to the fight going on. This however, does not stop her.

She saw them struggling to defeat the ruin guard. They seem worn out and tired, therefore, Y/n felt the need to contribute. The right time came when she saw the ruin guard preparing to fire its missiles towards Jean which has previously fallen down.

Y/n concentrated all her energy on her legs, and once released Y/n springs up behind the ruin guard, and managed to stab its back using one hand, which Y/n presumes that is it's weak spot. Despite not being able to use her full strength, it was still enough to get the ruin guard to be distracted and gave the opportunity for Diluc to finish it off.

Y/n walked up to the fallen ruin guard and retrieve her katana. Just then she remembered the crystal in her hand and look down to check on it. Prying to Barbatos that it would be alright.

She looked down and saw the crystal gray in colour, almost as if the life has been suck out of it. Not to mention, it was starting break into pieces. To make matters worse, the others were starting to recover from the battle and was questioning one another where the crystal has gone to.

Y/n was having a mid-life crisis, but settled on acting dumb.

"I recalled seeing Y/n taking the crystal." Diluc pointed out.

"Nevermind, there is no way I can act dumb to fool that tomato head." Diluc and the others walked up to Y/n, asking her whether she had the crystal. Which is replied....

"About that... I do have it but..." Y/n trailed off and decided to show them instead. Y/n opened her hand and low and behold, the crystal was shattered and no longer having the red glow it had before. Instead it was replaced by a dull gray colour.

"Y/n! What happened to the crystal?!" Paimon exclaimed.

Y/n nervously scratch her head, and held a anxious smile. "I may have dropped the crystal when I was battling the ruin guard. I'm terribly sorry."

"It's alright Y/n, I'm sure there are more crystals around here." Jean comforted Y/n.

The team continued with the search without any more questions much to Y/n's relieve. "Seems like my lying skills are improving. Not sure whether that a good or bad thing though." She thought.

The group was finally able to grab the last crystal. Paimon sighed, "We're done gathering! That was hard..."

"It's too early to relax. We' re still not done with Stormterror. Besides, the Fatui could also be planning something." The pryo user remarked.

"Hey Diluc, I heard that the Fatui has recently proclaimed you "persona non grata." Jean informed.

"What a fitting nickname."

"Hmph, what an honour. Nobody was ever proclaimed" persona grata"by the Fatui anyway. "

" The Fatui? The diplomatic  delegation from Snezhnaya? What have they got against Master Diluc? "
Paimon Inquired.