Outdated 10

Author Danny: Yoyoyoyoyo hi guys, enjoy the new chapter, also this is an announcement, we are deciding to change the name of the book to "A Trial of Time- India/US Transference", we would change the name either after 1 month or when we have the book cover is set. Also damn 30 pages x-x.

Co-A Daichi: *pull on confetti popper* *confetti explode out* "Happy 10th chapter."

---

Washington DC, United States of America (2025 Timeline)

The Map of Portugal appeared on the big screen in the White House's situation room. It has both Allied and Axis positions pinpointed in real time from satellites above.

General Marcus Graves is seen briefing the president on the current battlefield conditions in the front. "The good news is that we have on the ground intelligence from the brits. As we speak, allied troops are currently on their Last Stand here." He points to the river banks. "They are defending the Tagus river crossing from the Axis."

"Beginning with the allies: Portugal, with a population of 7.5 million on the mainland. According to the British, they are fielding a standing army of about 116,000 with reserves. Their arsenal comprised Great War to interwar period weaponry. Bolt action rifles, old artillery pieces, and export variants of the British Challenger and Cromwell tanks in their tank fleet, and several other types of outdated armored vehicles. Their air force had built around 13 fighter squadrons, mainly the late spitfire series and 3 Squadrons of Avro Lancaster Bombers, all exported from the British during the Spanish Civil War."

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this timeline had 1950s technology?" Scorch asked.

"That is correct," General Graves replied. "However, technological advancement in the 1950s was one sided. The Armies of the world were still using WW2 rifles and tanks. It was in jet power, missiles, radar, rocket, nuclear and other technologies that advanced."

Seeing that everyone is on the same page, General Graves continued, "However, all of this is dated information. As we speak, the Portuguese might only sport less than thirty-thousand, and a very limited amount of heavy weapons left to hold the Axis onslaught. An additional forty-thousand Americans from the 1st and 3rd Infantry Divisions, but they were under strength and depleted as they were rushed over."

"On the matters of the Allied expeditionary forces present in this front, the Americans of this timeline, before getting replaced by us, had deployed the 101st Airborne and the 10th Mountain Infantry Divisions. Fighting alongside the British who have sent their 51st Highland Infantry Division; reorganized after most of the Division was destroyed during their previous deployment at the battle of France. The overall command of the AEF Portugal front is under British Commander General Harry Darter. Got to say, the Portuguese got some guts. Their Prime Minister/ Dictator António de Oliveira Salazar has not fled the country even if, as per our calculations, Portugal might capitulate within a month."

"Is it really wise to place them under British command?" Mark Monarch asked.

"Can we really trust their Commander General capable of executing this play? After all, they have no experience with our technology." Mark had nothing against Harry Darter, who was indeed the Commander General he spoke of, nor did he find the man incompetent or lacking common sense.

However, the time era and technological advances were different by leaps and bounds which meant greater risks and potential for error.

Potts' breath caught for a moment before she found a way of response,

"Yes, but under strict conditions and agreement. They do know the situation better than us right now so we have to compromise if we want to win this war. Doesn't mean they don't get to listen and do what they want, however. They still have to take what our officers say and implicate it. No Politics this time. It's about being efficient and logistic."