»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 19«

“Let's pretend that it never happened

“Let's pretend that it never happened.”

●○●

"Is she alright?"
Once the doctor was done checking Azeen up, Fawad asked. After they got out of the lift, Azeen fainted so without wasting any time Fawad took her to hospital.

"Relax, Mr. Ahmed. Your wife is completely alright.  Once she regains her consciousness you can take her home."
The doctor informed with a slight smile seeing Fawad getting worried over such trivial matter. 

"Thank you, doctor."
Once the doctor left, Fawad sat beside Azeen's bed and continued to look at her. 

A few minutes later Azeen woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect. She glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white color schemed hospital bedroom. 

'How did I get here?'
Azeen asked herself. The last thing she remembers is getting out of the lift. Later everything was blurry. 

"How are you feeling now?"
Hearing his voice, she looked at the side to see him sitting on the nearby chair looking at her with a worried expression. 

"Better." 
Slowly sitting up, she replied.

"The doctor said we can leave once you regain your consciousness. Do you want to leave now? If you are feeling weak then we can stay-"

"I'm fine. Just want to go home."
Cutting him off, Azeen said.

"Ok."
Nodding Fawad helped her to get down from the bed then together they left the hospital.

●○●

"Everything is my fault. I shouldn't have sent you there in the first place."
Shaina Begum said sitting beside Azeen, who was forced to lay down on the bed as soon as she reached home by none other than her mother-in-law.

"Mumma, don't blame yourself. It's not your nor anyone's fault."
Azeen said.
"See. I'm fine now. I can even jump. Let me show-"
Azeen was about to get up but then seeing Mrs. Ahmed glaring at her, she quickly stopped.

"I mean- I'm fine."
Saying she nervously chuckled, Mrs. Ahmed shook her head.

"You will rest the whole day. I better not see you roaming around the house."
Mrs. Ahmed threatened then affectionately said,
"I'll go and prepare soup for you. And you-"

Looking at Fawad, she continued,
"Stay with her. Make sure she rests the whole day."

Fawad nodded whereas Mrs. Ahmed went into the kitchen to prepare the soup.

"What do you think you are doing? Didn't you hear what Mumma told you?"
As soon as Mrs. Ahmed went away, Azeen got up to get down from the bed.

"You will have to rest. Why are you getting up? Should I call Mumma?"
Fawad scolded lightly.