chapter 7

"let the fun begin!"Chinyere was yelling when Michelle reached outside.

She looked around in search of Maria and found her in the pool, clad in a lingerie.

Michelle had to actually wipe her face to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

Dear God, Michelle wanted to scream, what is this idiot thinking? She stormed off and halted in front of Maria.

"Mich!"Ruby winked annoyingly.

"Be in your right senses for once"Michelle snapped and Ruby and Skyler's mouth dropped in shock.

"Maria what are you doing?" She lowered her voice.

Maria got out of the pool and wrapped a towel around her before taking Michelle's hand and leaving the poolside.

"Michy,Chinyere and Omar came!"Maria freaked excitedly.

Michy? Since when did she become michy to Maria?

"Maria, I thought you told me earlier you have no wish for Chinyere to show up here!"

"Tsk... They are here now, it's already been done so let's enjoy the best party of our lives"

It's our first party dummy.

"Maria don't be sill..." But Maria was already running off, loosening her towel before she got to the pool. Michelle could not believe her eyes and ears.

In the pool, Ruby and Chinyere were dancing when Maria joined them.

"What's up baby girl?"Chinyere said cheerfully.

Maria was a bit startled at this unusual friendliness. Maybe she has seen how rich my parents are and is realizing her mistakes.

"I'm good"Maria said enthusiastically.

"Come, join us"Ruby said breezily.

Maria step into the water and sighed in contentment, she was happy with life.

"Hey Maria"Skyler called.

Maria was surprised, she had never heard him call her name because he had always called her toothpick.

"Y..yes?"she said breathlessly.

"Where's the dog?"

"Um, I don't have a dog"

"You know who I'm talking about"Skyler flashed his white teeth.

"Who? Oh, she's not a dog, she's Michelle"Maria said uneasily.

"Yeah right, whatever"Skyler put an arm around his girlfriend, Ruby and watched everyone with little interest.

Patricia was missing and her friends didn't seem to notice, only Maria did.

Michelle wandered around the house for a while before deciding to go home.

She walked into the garden. It was void of noise, so she sat on a bench.

She had barely sat for a minute, when she heard a female giggle behind some flowers.

She turned to see who it was but the flowers were blocking her view there by shielding the person. She got up to see who it was and this time, it was a male, giggling like a gigolo.

She crunched her nose in disgust."two idiots"she muttered and walked back into the house.

She glanced at the pool and saw Maria resting her head on a boys shoulder and laughed bitterly.

Who Bewitched Maria? She doesn't even remember that there is a Michelle here. Instead, she's there looking like a wanna be. I regret coming to your stupid party.

She entered a room and thought she was in the museum. There were different types of ancient looking stuffs along with all sorts of paintings and framed pictures.

Amazing! She thought.

she took her time to check out everything in the room and she reluctantly admitted to herself that she was enjoying everything.

"Listen Michelle..."a voice suddenly whispered behind her and she jumped in fright. She was particularly startled because she knew that voice.
"Patricia?"

"Yes... I came to warn you" she said.

"Warn me? What dirty trick are you and your friends up to now?"

"I know we've been rather mean to you but please, hear me out first before it's too late"Patricia said fervently.

"Shoot"Michelle folded arms.

"First, tell Maria to end this party ASAP and take out the alcohol. We also need to get rid of the stench of alcohol. We have about..."she glanced at her watch"... twenty minutes"

"Wait... What are you talking about?"Michelle was confused.

"We don't have much time Michelle. Maria's parents' wealth and reputation is at stake. I'll explain everything to you while we help the servants in cleaning up"

"Cleaning what up? Pat, I don't know what you plan to achieve but, I think I have an idea. You want Maria to end the party like a scared fowl then on Monday, you'll probably nickname her chicken because she chickened out coz of a non-existent danger. No, thanks but no thanks"

"Does your logic even make any sense to you? Listen, Chinyere found out that Maria's father is senator Amaechi and as you know, both senator Akachi, who is chinyere's father and senator Amaechi, Maria's father are contesting for the same post this year.so, Chinyere checked her father and Maria's father's net worth online and saw that senator Amaechi's is higher which means that Maria's father is a step ahead of her father. She got jealous and informed her father of it and together, the evil man and his maniac daughter devised a very wicked plan-to disgrace the Amaechis in front of the people.on chinyere's part, it's pure evil while on her dad's part, is greed and selfishness. They plan to make Maria drunk to prove that her father has no control over his daughter. No time to explain the rest Michelle, it's urgent!"Patricia looked agitated.

"Why would Chinyere do this! Maria is so gullible.I will squeeze that Chinyere to death with my bare hands!"Michelle screamed in pure anger.

"Yes yes..."Patricia agreed and grabbed Michelle's arm and continued "... But that will be after we are ahead of them. Omar is waiting in the hall, he is dumping the cigarettes that Skyler kept there"

Again, Michelle was shocked. As she opened her mouth to speak, there was a very loud noise of sirens and something crashing to the ground. Patricia ran to the window and peered downstairs. She gasped and faced a pale faced Michelle.

"They are here! With the press and police escorts!"Patricia screamed.