─ ¹⁶. DUMBLEDORE WAS BLOODY STUBBORN

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔 *•. ┄┄

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

All lessons were suspended, all examinations postponed. Some students were hurried away from Hogwarts by their parents over the next couple of days—the Patil twins were gone before breakfast on the morning following Dumbledore's death and Zacharias Smith was escorted from the castle by his haughty-looking father. Seamus Finnigan, on the other hand, refused point-blank to accompany his mother home; they had a shouting match in the Entrance Hall which was resolved when she agreed that he could remain behind for the funeral. She had difficulty in finding a bed in Hogsmeade, Seamus told Hermione, for wizards and witches were pouring into the village, preparing to pay their last respects to Dumbledore.

Some excitement was caused among the younger students, who had never seen it before, when a powder-blue carriage the size of a house, pulled by a dozen giant winged palominos, came soaring out of the sky in the late afternoon before the funeral and landed on the edge of the Forest. Hermione watched from a window as a gigantic and handsome olive-skinned, black-haired woman descended the carriage steps and threw herself into the waiting Hagrid's arms. Meanwhile, a delegation of Ministry officials, including the Minister for Magic himself, was being accommodated within the castle.

Hermione was spending all of her time in the hospital wing, letting her wounds heal, so she would be let out for the funeral. Subsequently, Harry and Ron practically lived there; Ginny, Blaise, and Theo were also there most of the time along with Seamus and Dean. Unfortunately for Hermione, the twins and the adults couldn't stay at Hogwarts, but they often visited.

When no one was present to keep her company, Hermione was still not alone. Neville had already been discharged, but Bill remained under Madam Pomfrey's care, and with their beds a few feet apart, Hermione and Bill often spend the nights talking and bonding over their werewolf attack, only Bill was in a much worst state than Hermione. His scars were as bad as ever; in truth, he now bore a distinct resemblance toMad-Eye Moody, though thankfully with both eyes and legs, but in personality, he seemed just the same as ever. All that appeared to have changed was that he now had a great liking for very rare steaks.

". . . .so eet ees lucky 'e is marrying me," said Fleur happily, plumping up Bill's pillows, "because ze British overcook their meat, I 'ave always said this."

Hermione had laughed at this comment, adoring the way Bill and Fleur loved each other.

On one particular evening, Harry and Ron finally disclosed to Hermione the issue surrounding the fake Horcrux Dumbledore and Harry had found, and about R.A.B.