138

The sound of hundreds of gunshots flooded y/n and Bucky's ears in a matter of seconds. Helicopters whirred loudly above them, every single one of them had their spotlights directed at the pair, practically blinding them. Every agent and gunman on the ground were talking over one another, all yelling out different commands and instructions. It was pure chaos.

But for y/n and Bucky, everything felt as if it were going in slow motion.

They were falling freely out of a building. Tiny shards of glass surrounded and fell with them, threatening to pierce into their skin at any moment. Even the sounds of everything seemed distorted and distanced.

Bucky had closed his eyes when they jumped, his arm covering his face to protect from any glass shards. He could hear the gunshots, and he knew there were glass shards everywhere, yet nothing seemed to be hitting him. Nothing at all, not even the glass shards. Something wasn't right.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, slowly moving his arm away from his face he could figure out what was happening. But, as Bucky opened his eyes, he was met with something he wasn't expecting. He thought that he was going to see all of the gunmen and bright lights of the sirens, but instead he was met with a red, magical hue.

Y/n had formed a forcefield around them. That was one of the only good things about her crazy ideas, she was amazing at thinking on the spot. Jumping out of the window with no protection would've been suicide, so y/n did the first thing that she could think of.

It was almost like there was a bubble around them. Well, a bubble that was falling fast into the ground. Y/n had only created the forcefield to protect them from the bullets and any other possible attacks, not fall damage. She wasn't focused enough to levitate herself and Bucky. Hell, y/n hadn't properly used her powers since her and Bucky begun to travel - and they'd been travelling for at least a year.

It didn't take long for the pair crash to the ground, and they crashed hard.

Bucky had pulled y/n into his chest in an attempt to take the brunt of the crash, but it wasn't very effective.

The pair landed on top of one of the police cars, causing the roof to completely cave in, but that wasn't even where they stopped. With Bucky still having a grip on y/n, the pair ended up rolling uncontrollably off of the police car and onto the ground until they finally came to a stop.

Bucky had practically been a cushion for y/n, despite her still getting hurt. He landed on the police car on his back. God, he was so grateful for the super soldier serum running through him. If it wasn't for that, his back would've for sure been broken into several tiny pieces. His whole body felt stiff and painful. All he wanted to do was close his eyes and lay still.

Y/n's body almost felt as if it was buzzing with pain. Everything hurt, especially her back and her head. She'd smacked her head against the ground at least five times during the rolling, she couldn't even imagine how Bucky was feeling. However, there was no time to dwell on the pain. As much as she wanted to, they couldn't lay still and recover. There were hundreds of guns pointed at them. It wasn't really the time to kiss any booboos better. "We need to run, Buck." She murmured under her breath.

But, before Bucky could even respond, y/n had forced herself up and onto her feet. The grip that she had on Bucky was almost enough to crush every bone in his hand, and she wasn't letting go anytime soon. This was serious. He stood up, glancing around with wide eyes at the whole situation. They were completely surrounded by guns. "Are you going to tell me how we're getting away from this?" He asked nervously.

Y/n had a serious, focused look on her face. She was very aware of the fact that they were surrounded, but the look in her eyes let Bucky know that she had a plan. Another insane plan.

Her head tilted to the side slightly, making direct eye contact with one of the gunmen in an attempt to psych him out. "We run through it." She hummed calmly. With a single blink, at least ten illusions of y/n and Bucky appeared in the tiny circle that they were surrounded in. But that wasn't even the main attraction. Using her spare hand, y/n simply flicked her wrist, using Wanda's powers to blast several different pathways through the crowd of law enforcement.

It was a plan of trickery. They had to find the real Bucky and y/n.

And again, before Bucky could process it all, y/n broke into a full sprint through one of the pathways. He grunted in pain, trying his hardest to suppress the pain coursing through him as they ran. "You're insane, y/n!" He called out over the noise, causing all of the other illusions to do the same as they ran down different paths. The illusions were perfect copies, completely indistinguishable to y/n and Bucky.

However, as they ran and escaped the huge crowd of law enforcement, y/n and Bucky couldn't help but smile. It must've been a mixture of the adrenaline and the extremely high stakes of the whole situation that made them crazy, but something about it made them feel so alive.

Y/n glanced back at Bucky for a split second, laughing at the grin on his face. "I thought that you didn't want to go back to fighting?" She teased, weaving through different alleyways with Bucky in an attempt to avoid the gunfire aimed at them. Her grip was still tight on Bucky's hand, but she didn't care. They had to stick together.

Bucky rolled his eyes, quickly yanking y/n's arm before she crashed into a wall for staring at him for too long. "Shut up." He chuckled in a breathy tone, not having any time to catch his breath. "I didn't realise how much I've missed all of this!" He yelled over the noise. Bucky just wished that he still had his metal arm, he felt useless without it, almost as if he was simply a rag doll being dragged around.

"I told you! It's fun!" Y/n giggled, hiding behind a crate with Bucky for a few seconds.

"No, y/n, you're just an adrenaline junkie." He teased with a smirk, earning a slap on the shoulder from y/n.