11❀

It's been a few months since Zameer and I started talking

     We've been on numerous dates and I actually like him a lot.

     The only downside is,

     He still doesn't know Echo is my daughter.

     I was planning on telling him sometime soon, but I'm just very nervous. Once men figure out you have a kid, they are known for dipping. I just hope he isn't like that.

     We're getting close to thanksgiving, therefore we're close to having a thanksgiving break. Most of my professors have lightened up somewhat, some are even decorating their rooms for thanksgiving. Pretty shocking.

     I was currently getting ready to start heading to my classes.

     "Mommy!" Echo whines, dragging out the Y.

     "Yes, sweetheart," I reply sweetly while trying to maintain my hair.

     "I'm tired. I don't wanna go to school today." She exclaims in an odd tone.

     "I know baby, but this is your last day until you have a break from school for a week!"

     "I still don't want to go!" She states, huffing.

     "But I thought you liked your school! Everyone is being nice to you, right?"

    She stays quiet for a moment looking down at her lap.

     "Baby? They are being nice, right?" I ask nervously, getting slightly suspicious.

     "Huh? Oh, yes, mommy!" She exclaims biting her fingernails, a habit that I've never seen her pick up on before. I walk over to her and carefully remove her hands from her mouth.

     "Baby, we don't bite our nails. That's icky."

     She starts to tear up as her bottom lip begins to wobble. "I'm sorry mommy."

     "Shh shh, it's okay! I wasn't trying to be mean!" I coo, pulling her onto my lap and kissing her face, making her burst out into giggles.

     "I love you, mommy!"

     "I love you too, little one."

❀❀❀

     I called the school to make sure Echo wasn't getting bullied, and they said she seemed fine in school. I was still very skeptical but I ended it there and decided to do some more digging later. 

     Me, Jade, Nie, and Shay all walked to class together. Jade was just talking about herself the entire time and the new diet she was on, Shay was ignoring her, Nie was on her phone, and I was actually being nice and listened to Jade.

     We arrived outside of Zameer's class and Jade started adjusting her outfit to look more presentable towards him. I slightly rolled my eyes, but gave her a small smile and walked inside.