the kids aren't alright - THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER [T]

TITLE — THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT

status: taken by thecountrymusicgirl
faceclaim: isabela merced* / aidan gallagher
oc: tallulah 'lulu' may / caleb marco
planet origin: earth
love interest: father/ child bond with sam and bucky
first appearance: the falcon and the winter soldier season 1
last appearance: tbd

status: taken by thecountrymusicgirl faceclaim: isabela merced* / aidan gallagher oc: tallulah 'lulu' may / caleb marco planet origin: earthlove interest: father/ child bond with sam and bucky first appearance: the falcon and the winter soldier se...

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

THE KIDS WERE MOST DEFINITELY not alright.

After spending their childhoods locked up as lab rats, Tallulah May and Caleb Marco were finally let out of their cages but that didn't mean that were free. Nightmares plagued their sleep, countless scars littered their skin and the new lives they were living were practically a prison with the walls made of glass so they couldn't tell that it was one until they looked closer. The two broken children were never going to be truly free from the manacles of their past and worst of all, they knew that, they accepted that.

It was worst for Caleb because had once known the comforting touch of a parent, he used to live an ordinary life whereas Tallulah never did. All the young girl had ever known was pain and needles, so for her, being normal was different but she had nothing to compare it to. Caleb became the big brother she never had, he protected and looked after her even though he was only a year older. That had to be the worst thing, not the experiments and the pain, no, it was the fact that they were still kids.

And that was exactly how Sam Wilson saw it when he got the news two enhanced were on the loose.

Unlike the rest of the government who were set on bringing them in and detaining them, Sam believed they deserved to be free. He fought for them and he won. Tallulah remembered every detail of that day, the day they were told they no longer had to run. She remembered sobbing into the man's arms from pure joy, mumbling how grateful she was over her tears. She remembered how Caleb (who usually held up a strong facade) broke down as his pleas and prayers were finally being answered. And she remembered and would never forget how it was Sam Wilson who had saved their lives.