Chapter 33: Detention

Y/n's POV:

I sat nervously in the Gryffindor common room, barely saying a word. I laid my head onto Fred's shoulder who was talking to his twin and Lee.

"Don't you think y/n?" George asked.

I shook my head out of my thoughts. "Sorry. What were you talking about" I stuttered.

"Are you okay lovey?" Fred asked. "I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine. I should probably go now. I'll see you later" I said as I untangled myself from Fred's arm, sorted my robes out and said goodbye to my friends.

"It will be fine lovey. I'll wait here for you" Fred said.

"No, it's fine. Go to dinner, I'll miss it tonight" I replied and walked out before Fred could get his response out.

I anxiously walked down the corridors towards the Umbridge's office. Nerves were bubbling up inside me. I didn't want to spend time with her alone.

I had arrived to the door of her office. I reluctantly knocked on it and waited before hearing a sweet sounding screech from the pink blob awaiting the other side of the door.

"Come in."

I pushed the door open to reveal a fully pink office, pink sugar for her pink tea, pink quills, pink chair and a small pink table and chair adjacent to her desk with a piece of parchment on it.

"Good evening, Miss. y/l/n" she said. I gave a small nod in response. "Sit."

She pointed at the small table and chair. I reluctantly took a seat and she came to face in front of me.

"You're going to be doing some lines for me today, Miss. y/l/n"

I reached for my bag to retrieve a quill and ink from it. A evil grin grew on her face, she's up to something and I didn't like it.

"No, not with your quill." She smirked "Going to be using a rather special one of mine."

She gave a small white quill and presented me with no ink. A confused look grew on my face at the lack of ink.

"Now, I want you to write,'I must not tell lies.'" She said. The smile not vanishing from her face.

"How many times?" I asked grudgingly.

"Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in."

"You haven't given me any ink."

"Oh, you won't need any ink. Now please start."

I secretly rolled my eyes and started writing, the quill etching on the parchment with every movement. The ink coming out of the quill was blood red. It was very peculiar. At that moment I felt a itch and a sharp pain on my left hand. I didn't give it much though until it became unbearable to ignore. I looked at my hand and the words 'I must not tell lies' are being carved into my hand. Blood dripping down my wrist. I gave a grunt in pain which earned Umbridge's attention.

"Yes?" She said innocently

There was a long silence between us, I looked at her with loathing before I decided to reply.

"Nothing." I muttered.

"That's right." She responded. "Because you know, deep down you deserve to be punished. Don't you, Miss. y/l/n?" She asked.

I have a reluctant nod without making eye contact with her.

"Go on. Back here, same time tomorrow." She said.

I gave a quick nod before grabbing my bag and escaping her office. I was slowly walking down the corridors staring at my hand with the freshly carved message that was dripping blood.