Adrien + Marinette (not my story)

This fic is called Something Sweet by ghostlyhamburger. 

NONE OF THESE STORYS ARE FROM WATTPAD THEY ARE FROM A WEBSITE (NOT APP) CALLED ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN! 

Enjoy <3

"Marinette, truth or dare?"

Marinette glanced around at the large circle of friends. What was supposed to be a girls' sleepover quickly turned into a much bigger hangout as Alya invited Nino over, Mylene invited Ivan, and suddenly it was the entire group of Marinette's friends gathered in her living room while her parents were away.

Well, all Marinette's friends and Lila. But she was determined not to let the liar get under her skin—their feud had mellowed out over the years, and now they were frosty but polite to each other.

Still, Adrien was at this party. And he was single, having broken up with Kagami a month before. Even better, it was a mutual breakup, so Marinette didn't have to feel bad about her old feelings for him hitting her tenfold.

But she'd be damned if she let Lila get her claws into her friend.

At Alya's insistence, she'd dressed a little more daring tonight, a strapless burgundy dress that clung to her waist before flaring out around her hips before ending at her knees. She did feel damn cute in it, even if the cut meant she had to skip a bra and just wear a thong beneath.

And, at Alya's quiet urging, Marinette chose, "Dare."

Alya's smile grew to what could best be described as wicked. "I'll get back to you. It's a two-person dare."

Well, it was pretty goddamn obvious the second person was going to be Adrien, so once Marinette had passed on her turn (Mylene chose truth, and Marinette tossed her an easy one) she headed to the kitchen to grab a drink.

"So, what do you think Alya's going to make you do?" A voice came from behind her.

She spun quickly. "Adrien! I, uh, I don't know."

He nodded, reaching past her for a bottle of beer. She took the opportunity to look at him, admiring the way his more mature and muscular body stretched out beneath his black T-shirt, the way the dark jeans he wore hung off his hips. He definitely was not the golden boy she'd fallen in love with, but now...he was sexy as fuck.

As soon as he'd grabbed the bottle, she quickly schooled her expression like she hadn't been checking him out.

"You know you don't have to do what she says if it's too much, right?" he asked, grabbing a nearby bottle opener to pop the top off the beer.

Marinette nodded. "I know. But, she's good at pushing me when I get scared to do things, so I trust her. I mean, I wouldn't have worn this tonight if she hadn't insisted."

"That would've been a shame," he replied, his gaze sinking lower. "It looks really good on you."

Her cheeks warmed. "Th-thanks."

He gently patted her shoulder, a friendly gesture that set her on fire without any fabric to block his hand. "I'll see you out there. Just—this is your house, your party, you should be comfortable, okay?"

"Okay," she said, a genuine smile crossing her face. "Thanks, Adrien."

She poured herself a glass of wine before returning to the living room, just in time for Alya to ask, "Adrien! Truth or dare?"

How had it gotten back to her already?

"Dare," Adrien said.

Marinette took a long drink of her wine as Alya grinned. "Great! This is going to be part two, then."