17 - Exam Season

Myrtle was in awe of Sirius, I mean why wouldn't she be? She was always left alone in her bathroom to cry the day away so when company came round the corner she took her chance. It was highly evident that she fancied Sirius, after all, she wouldn't stop calling him a handsome boy. Her words annoyed you, not because you felt something for Sirius but because her words were inflating his ego even more than it already was. Now with this attitude he wouldn't stop gloating for the entire day, he probably won't even let it go until the week has ended but that wouldn't surprise you at all. 

"Myrtle, do you mind?" You spoke up, eyeing up the ghost who was behind you. 

"But you're in my toilet!" She screamed at you but once she'd turned her attention back to Sirius her voice softened. "But you know, you can always share my toilet." She giggled at him, her head tilting as she did so. 

"Thank you, Myrtle." Sirius gave her an uneasy smile. "I'll keep that in mind." 

"Godric you even flirt with dead women." Huffing you kept tending to his wounds, you were practically done as Sirius had been too distracted by Moaning Myrtle to even notice that you were slowly fixing his cuts and bruises. 

"Does it make you jealous?" His tone was low, almost like he was hoping that Myrtle wouldn't hear him.

"Nope." Your reaction didn't impress him but at this point, you didn't care. "Try not to cry -" 

"I'm not crying!" 

"I never said you were." His smug smile was across his face as he spoke those words. He studied your face again, this was becoming a frequent occurrence. He always kept staring like you had food hanging on your skin or he was searching for something. "Are you ready for exams?" 

Sirius must have caught a glimpse of your confused expression so it seemed as the best course of action from him was to change the subject so you wouldn't catch on too much, little did he know it was too late. 

"Of course I am Black, I don't waste my time getting into petty fights with my brother -" 

"You don't have a brother." He hit back, his eyes glinting as he spoke. 

"If I did have a brother."

"Well, you wouldn't really know unless you had one -" 

"I think I would because I wouldn't start a punch up because he kissed someone." 

"What if that person he kissed wasn't good enough for him?" 

"Are you trying to say I'm not good enough for him?" You hit back, arching your brow in surprise. 

"I'm saying he's not good enough for you." 

"And why do you care about that?" You hit back. "For years you've hated me and now suddenly your brother gives me attention and you suddenly want me by your side -" 

"I would do that for anyone, my brother isn't like you and me." 

"Are you saying he's like your mother?"

"Probably worse." 

"He seems fine with me." 

"Because he's a good liar." He paused for a second before continuing. "Promise me you'll at least distance yourself from him, at least for a while." 

"I don't think he'll rush to come near me anytime soon." He smiled at your words, only ever so slightly though. 

His eyes scanned your body as you packed things away before continuing.  "Good, he needs to learn to stay away."