Chapter 34: River

" you have to go."

" what? I just got here." He smirked.

" you're lucky I'm not bashing you're head in with a brick because believe me I want to. Leave Grace alone."

" so you two didn't break up? Damn, I was hoping." He walked around me. I closed my locker and followed him. "Yeah, and why are you trying to break us up, are you that jealous of me?"

" because it should have been me!" I stepped back as he did the same. "Are you..."
" is that just so surprising?" He snapped. " yes."
" asshole." He gripped his bag in his hand and walked out the school's doors.

I want to see Grace.

I walked onto the bus and she was already waiting for me with a saved seat. I rushed up to her and hugged her tightly. Smelling her scent which I'm obsessed with.

" are you okay?" She pulled back slightly.
I didn't answer and hugged her tighter. She seemed to understand because she hugged me back.

" I love you so much," I whisper to her. For only her to hear.

Taking her shopping was the easiest thing ever. She isn't picky like Lyla. No, Gracie is patient.
I want to give her everything in the world.

I insisted to buy her anything she wanted. It's been a couple of months of us dating and I feel like I haven't spoiled her enough, the way she deserves.

" hey River?" Her head pokes up from the rack she's looking at. " yes baby?"

I walked around to her and she was fiddling with her fingers. I set the bag down and tilt her chin up.

" what's wrong?"

" I was just wondering if you're going to the prom thingy?" She finally glanced up at me. I had a brow raised. " never mind." She dismissed it and went to another rack.

If she wants to go to the dance, I will for sure take her. If she wants a big ask, I'll do it. Because she wants me too.