17. Appeal

((Disclaimer: The scene about the shareholders meeting will be solely for entertainment purposes only. The actual practice and business ethics were not applied on this story. The same applies with the family court laws. Hope you understand.))

Enjoy! :)

🎵 I'm ready to surrender myself to the risk of loving you,
And to the road of uncertainty,
Because maybe we are meant to be. 🎵
-TJM

#######

Zimmer Company - Shareholders' Meeting

"Mr. President, most of the minority shareholders were suggesting a reorganization. You will still be our president but the people under you needs to be aligned with our vision." A representative of Gu Tradings presented.

"Please elaborate Mr. Genome." Jake shortly said.

"Yes Mr. President." Jude gave a bunch of folders to the Secretary and the woman distributed it to each person inside the meeting hall.

"As you can see, various charts were shown as an analysis of each responsibility center. The interim financial statements will support the study. Half of the departments had a decrease on effectiveness but an increased on expenses incurred. The last page contains candidates as future reference when the management finishes the deliberation." Mr. Jude concluded.

Natalia was reading the contents. When she got to the last part, her brows were raised. The people who were listed there has a common connection with the Yushkova family. She smirked and look at her brother.

Jake in return, nodded his head and closed the folder. "Alright. Thank you Mr. Genome. We will verify first these documents and will be included on executive committee meeting's agenda."

Mr. Genome respectfully nodded his head towards Jake. The middle-aged man was proud of his work. They wouldn't find any fault on the said reports as he already colluded with the persons involved. Money can really speak and it can make one's virtues cheapen. He secretly looked around the room to see a familiar pretty woman and winked at her.

The night with Ariel was fun. He recalled as the woman was playing hard to get which he thought was exciting. They didn't do anything yet but he just savored her body by making the woman dance in front of him inside the VIP room of a certain club. He couldn't wait for this plan to be accomplished and have Ariel beside him.

Sergei, on the other hand, was intently listening and took notes to report to his boss. Alexander was currently out of the country to meet their foreign capitalists and his family. The powerful man has extended his stay as per Mr. and Mrs. Gates' request.

#######

That same week, Devon went to the State Court to appeal about his marriage. He wrote an affidavit and swore 'honesty' in front of the judge. On the next days, the court will summon both Devon and Natalia to settle the dispute. If the judge found out that the other party is malicious, reparation will be handed to the other. If the couple decided to set aside their differences and reconcile with one another, they will undergo 'marriage counseling' as part of the family court rules.

#######

The Bell Shop - Head Office

"Welcome to The Bell Shop Madam Lee and Miss Luna. What brought you here?" Trish formally greeted the mother and daughter of the Lee household as they walked inside the building. Luna contacted Trish and told the red-haired woman that she and her mother will dropped by. The assistant of Trish fetched the three women and led them to the conference room where Natalia was waiting.