Obsession that keeps on Heightening

Chapter 8: Obsession that keep on heightening

"HERE MY WIFE IS MISSING FROM PAST 24 HOURS AND YOU ARE TELLING TO STAY CALM. I WANT HER BACK..

"We are trying our best to locate her. Be patient, Mr Kapoor." Commissioner said. He sat in the living room giving assurance to jatin.

Khushi's missing report is recorded before 24 hours as Jatin has a cordial relationship with the commissioner. Her picture was sent to every police station.

"Do whatever you want. I want my wife back as early as possible. Use all your all police force in finding her. I want my wife to be safe. God knows where she is?" Jatin began panicking while Lavanya put hand on his shoulder. She is feeling really bad seeing her brother state. He genuinely loves her, but sadly her bhabhi never valued him.

While the commissioner continued.

"I understand your plight, Mr Kapoor. Her photo has been sent everywhere. Soon we will find Mrs. Kapoor."

"How long I had to wait. What is your police force doing? Entire day has passed but there is no news of Khushi. I want a result, not your so-called assurance". Jatin barked, losing his remaining sanity.

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"To our bedroom," Jatin replied.

"Are you sure"

"Absolutely. At night-time, Jiya came to our room for daily activities. She was not ready to sleep and showed naughtiness. Khushi was very exhausted working all day. So, I held Jiya in my arms and led her back to her room to make her sleep. Then immediately after 5 minutes, I came back, but Khushi wasn't there.

"You said last you saw her in your room. Is there another way for exit? Was there anyone else present in your room when you left your room?

"I am sure there is no-one"

"Okay" the Commissioner said and instructed his constables to go upstairs and monitor his room.

Constables go through his room. Few of them were interrogating their neighbor if anyone had seen her. From the past 1 hour they were inside Jatin's bedroom which was under their custody. No-one is allowed to get inside.

Jatin, Lavanya and Dadi were nervously waiting for any positive news. Jatin somehow convinced Jiya and sent her to school before the Police came to their mansion. Otherwise he doesn't know what would have happened. Whenever she asks about her mother, Jatin has no answer. Lavanya makes an excuse saying she has gone shopping to buy gifts for her. It became hard to handle her. She doesn't have a habit of staying without her mother.

"Mr Kapoor, your wife is kidnapped."

"What?" He grasped in disbelief. "How is this possible?"

"Yah!" Inspector shows some muddy footprints they got from the balcony and a few other places in his room.

"Who the hell did that. Khushi is so innocent, how can anyone be her enemy? What harm has she caused to anyone?"

"Do you have doubts on anyone?" Dadi was about to spat venom for Khushi, but Lavanya stopped her.

"Not at all Commissioner. As I said Khushi is a harmless lady, she never imagined to hurt anyone intentionally. Maybe any of my business rivals did that to get revenge as everyone knows Khushi is my weak point." Commissioner nodded and asked them if there was any other information they might know that would help them to find her.