Chapter 93

Blaze POV

I was finally having the meeting with ancient packs. Their packs were all rebuilt and now we just had to officialize their move.

I had already compensated the families that lost loved ones. Not that it would make up for anything. Mates would soon follow their dead partners. The death toll was expected.

The alphas sat around me. Derek, Curt, Zonn, and their betas.

Zonn was the hardest to handle among them.

I apologized again for my father's crimes. King or not I was accountable for my father's crimes and I had two apologies to them. And it was my carelessness who caused this whole mess.

Zonn was my grandfather from my mother's side and I knew for a fact that he had tried over the years to let me move in with him to train me better. But my father didn't consent to that. Maybe when Amelia's mom started her bullying I would have followed. But after he appeared everything had become more manageable.

I told them that we would also hold a special section for them during the farewell party. Zonn turned up his nose haughtily but I knew he was secretly pleased.

They are the ancient packs and even if there lacked power, the other packs respected them unconditionally. Even omegas from these packs are highly regarded. So it wouldn't hurt to have them on our side.

After the meeting ended, I asked Zonn to stay back.

Everyone left excluding Zonn and me. And I finally asked the question I had been dying her answers for.

"Is there any way to treat feral wolves?" I asked almost impatiently.

"Ahh for your mate?" He asked almost melodiously.

I remained mute. She was getting better already from our bond getting mended again. But it was too slow. And if there was anything I could do to ease her pain even a little, I wanted to try.

"She is getting better already. Now that I am putting all my energy into healing our bond." I added.

He laughed and shook his head. He looked at me as if he would a naive child who didn't know any better. I didn't like to see him looking down on me.

"Why do you think we rebelled after you rejected her alpha?" He asked.

The alpha didn't sit quite right in his tongue. It rolled off almost nonchalantly. Like he didn't mean the word at all.

"It was a semi-rejection. Not a proper one."I growled out.

"That's the only reason she is alive right now." He said.

"But know that for every year it continues, every single day it would have become worse for her." He said matter of factly, casually leaning back on his chair.

"I know that, what can I do to help?" I asked losing my patience.

"You are not hearing my alpha. I said it only became worse every single day and she will continue to deteriorate. The only reason she even survived so long was because of her iron grip on that wolf. Probably from her alpha blood. But how long will that last? Once she loses control it will be a catastrophe. She is a ticking time bomb and there is nothing you can do to stop that or help her in any manner shape or form I am afraid. " he said shaking his head.

I remembered the times her eyes would blur out if focus suddenly. It was concerning. For a few moments, it would feel like I wasn't looking at her when I looked into her eyes. It was something else staring back at me. something deep and dark and... wrong. I knew she hated being vulnerable so I didn't bring it up.