Wrath Chapter 8: Patience

The Purge King returned to the Throne Room to see that both Cecilus and Halibel were waiting for him there

The Purge King returned to the Throne Room to see that both Cecilus and Halibel were waiting for him there. The two turned towards the entrance to see the Purge King entering with a different manner. 

The two guards looked at each other for a moment, both of them slightly unsure on what their boss is going to do. They both then turned towards The Purge King with Halibel being the one to ask:

"Are ya alright, boss?"

The Purge king looked at the wolf man, having noticed the calm gesture he was in when asking him that question. He stood silent for a moment, still having his blank expression as he passed the two. As he was walking back to his throne room seat, he responded to Halibel's question in a serious manner:

"That's none of your concern, Halibel. Now, why are you both here?"

"Well my liege, we have inspected the entire base of operations and even a bit of the woods. Halibel and I didn't find anybody." Cecilus quickly responded in a respectful gesture, catching the Purge King's attention.

'Hm. I guess he is trying to play it safe this time. How annoying.'

The Purge King sat down on his seat and began to think of ways his counterpart would try to attack this time, knowing that this won't be like last time with a reckless plan of just going on a full on assault. 

The Purge King had a little chuckle when he thought of the last loop, finding it a bit stupid but funny just how far his counterpart would go to just get in to save Emilia.

'Since he knows about Ram, I should have one of my guards take care of that. I also should probably alert Puck about this. I don't want that bastard trying anything.'

The Purge King knew that his counterpart could convince Puck to go against him though lucky for him, he would have Cecilus by his side should that happen. Just as he was going to see Emilia and Puck, one of the mercenaries enters the throne room in a calm manner, something the Purge King took note of.

"My liege, we have a couple of people are approaching us."

Cecilus and Halibel both looked at each other with some concern, knowing that this isn't something they saw when they were outside. This caused the two to slowly turn towards the Purge King, a bit uncertain how he would react to this. 

As they look at their boss, they could see that he still has his blank expression. The Purge King just stood silent for a few seconds, processing what the mercenary had told him. This prompted him to ask with a bit of curiosity:

"Can you describe these people?"

"Y-Yes my liege. There is a merchant with a suit. Along with a few other merchants."

'Ah, the bastard that stabbed me last loop brought his false merchant friends. Glad to see that I can get my revenge on that jackass.' The Purge King thought as the mercenary continued to speak.