Chapter Fifteen- My Arm Slipped

A/N: A new chapter has arrived !!!!

I managed to sober myself up before the end of the night.

Cass, Chris, Jake, and Caleb had left to go to the football team's party. They tried convincing the rest of us to join them, but my body was screaming at me to sleep, so I said no, which led to the other three staying back with me.

That's how I ended up here.

My legs were resting on top of Xander as I laid across my couch. Sarah mimicked my position on the other chair, with Ben sitting underneath her. The film, Scary movie was playing on the TV, but I don't think any of us were paying much attention to what was happening.

A yawn escaped my lips around 10 minutes into the film.

"Tired?" I pulled my eyes from the TV to look at the boy who was playing with the bottom of my jeans. He kept unrolling the fabric and then would fold it back to its place. His eyes were on the screen the entire time he was doing it. I don't think he realised what he was doing, but I didn't mind. It actually felt relaxing.

"Yeah, but I'm too tired to move." I stifled another yawn as I spoke, making him grin down at me before he looked back up to the screen.

"Lazy." Oh, doesn't he know how to charm a girl?

I didn't reply to his comment because Ben interjected before I had a chance to come up with a remark. "I'm going to take this one to bed. Is there a spare room free?" I looked over at Sarah and smiled at her asleep state. Her blonde hair had fallen over her face, and her mouth was slightly agape.

"Yeah, there are two rooms at the end of the hallway. I think Cass put your bag in one of them." He nodded his head and lifted her legs off him before he hoisted her up like it was nothing, making sure not to wake her.

I felt a poke in my leg and turned my head to see Xander staring down at me. "I was supposed to be sleeping in a spare room. I'm not sharing with Chris." He pouted down at me once Ben was out of earshot.

"Sleep on the couch then?" I shrugged and closed my eyes only to snap them up when he poked me again.

"I'm not sleeping on the couch." He replied with a serious face.

"I don't know then. Sleep wherever." I mumbled without really thinking. I should have known that my words would end up biting me in the ass.

"So, I can sleep in your bed?" He asked with a grin.

"No, you cannot sleep in my bed."

"You let Caleb sleep in the same bed as you. I don't want to share with Chris. He takes up too much of the bed." I raised my eyebrow at the last part. I didn't think Chris would be the kind to hog up a bed.

"That's different. He's my best friend, and he's also very gay."

His jaw slacked at my comment. He almost seemed offended by my words. "Just because I like women doesn't mean I'm going to touch you. I have morals, ya know?" I shot up from my position so I could read his face to make sure he was telling the truth.

"Fine, you can stop in my bed." I squinted my eyes at him and pushed my finger into his chest. "But I swear if you touch me, I will kick you off the bed." A smile spread across his lips, and he saluted. Shaking my head at his silliness, I climbed off the couch and walked over to my door to lock it. I knew Caleb had a spare key, so I sent a quick text telling him I locked up. I just hope he wasn't drunk enough to lose the keys.

"Come on." I motioned for Carter to follow, and he turned off the TV and flicked the light switch before walking behind me up the stairs. I turned on the light to illuminate my room and walked over to my bedside table to dump my jewelry on.

I put my phone on charge, and the screen lit up, reminding me of the time. Holy shit. It was 4 in the morning already! I can't believe in the span of 6 hours. I managed to get drunk and sober up without eating food.

Another yawn escaped past my lips, but I knew I still had to get changed and take my makeup off. Five minutes later, I walked out of my bathroom and was greeted by a shirtless Xander.

I couldn't help but notice the mid-size tattoo he had on his ribs. He was the only one out of the group to have a tattoo, but I completely forgot he had it. I knew it had some kind of meaning towards Caleb, but he never told the group what it meant.

"Stop eye-fucking me." His voice snapped me out of my daze. I didn't realise I was still standing here staring at him.

"I wasn't." I huffed and strode over to my light to turn it off before scrambling under the covers. I heard shuffling before I felt the covers being lifted and the bed dipping.

A yawn left his lips, and I shifted, so I was now on my side facing him.

"Night, Smith."

"Night, Carter." I made a point to use his last name as he did for me. My voice was barely a whisper, but I knew he heard me. I felt him move closer, and then I felt him place his warm hand on my waist, my top doing nothing to stop me from feeling the heat radiating off his body.

I was too tired to push it off and closed my eyes to let sleep consume me, but fate had other plans.

"I'm surprised you didn't kick me off the bed."

If that's what he wanted, then that's what he will get.

He wasn't expecting me to push him off, so it was quite easy to do so. I heard a yelp and a body hitting the ground after bringing my arm back from where he was.

"Whoops. My arm slipped."