10.

It was another few weeks where Ivy did not see Sam at all. Getting through those weeks had been harder than she had hoped. It was hard to say but Ivy knew she was forming some kind of attachment to Sam, and she didn't quite oppose to it. He'd try and stop by sometimes, or give her a call, but she was always just too busy. Evasiveness was Ivy's talent, she could stand to avoid anyone and everyone if she wanted to.

Sam, on the other hand, was extremely anxious. The mean part of his brain was trying to convince him that she regretted that day and she regretted kissing him which was why she was ignoring him, but he knew she wouldn't do that.

The reason as to why she was so busy was because Ivy was about to graduate soon. By soon, she was about to graduate in 30 seconds. Her eyes scanned the crowd in search of her grandpa, who was sitting by Billy Black, another man in a wheelchair. Charlie Swan sat next to Billy in the crowd.

Ivy adjusted her cap, "I got this...." she trailed off. "I got this."

"Ivy Anne Lee!" Ivy's hands shook with such a ferocity she didn't even know she had in her. She looked around the room again for her grandpa, who was clapping loudly and proudly, as were Billy and Charlie beside him. Her eyes wandered around the room for more people, her friends cheering and whooping for her. Then, the door burst open. It was Sam! Sure, his tie was undone and the buttons on his shirt weren't buttoned right, but he seemed like he made the effort to get here. Sam stopped his feet from carrying him any further as he noticed her on stage. He broke out into a large grin, making her smile widely back as she reached for her diploma. Ivy waved, automatic blowing a kiss at him.

He caught it subtly, and held his hand to his heart.

༻✧༺

Of course it wouldn't be graduation if Alice Cullen hadn't decided to throw a party. Ivy found herself at the Cullens', the house was intensely decorated with drinks and music to fill up the empty spaces as well as lots of graduates partying the night away.

Ivy drank slowly, she had the tendency to go overboard and didn't feel like embarrassing herself that night. She wondered why Sam hadn't come, why he had only congratulated her after the graduation and ominously left after making eye contact with Emmett Cullen. He simply kissed her forehead and said he would call her, which he hadn't, by the way.

"Thinking about the wolf boy, aren't you?" Edward asked, sticking close by to Bella.

"Why do you guys call them that? And...no, I'm not..." Ivy replied. She sighed, thinking about it strained her mind. Ivy leaned on the stairs as Alice came down them. Suddenly, she saw her friend's odd, golden eyes gloss over for just a moment. Gingerly stepping on the stairs to her aid was Jasper.

"We'll be right back, Ivy."

Jasper paced around the room, biting his nails. Alice sat on the couch, body stiff and hands pursed together on her knees. Bella and Edward looked at each other with uncertainty as the other Cullens had no emotion.

"Are you sure about this, Alice?" Edward asked after a long pause. She nodded.

"Unless she decides on another course. It's okay, Edward. Carlisle's going to do it so the rest of us won't have to worry."

"Why can't we just make her avoid it? Why does she have to go through this?" Rosalie of all people was the most upset. For good reason too.

"Rose is right. Can't we just redirect her course or something?" Edward replied, hands in his hair.

Alice shook her head, "We've tried that before. You know how that goes." Rosalie sighed in defeat, knowing that her sister was right.

Jasper stayed silent the whole time, eyes glazed over and wide, walking in circles. He was afraid for his new friend. Carlisle pursed his lips together and furrowed his brows. He did not this that he'd have to become the father figure of yet another unfortunate person.