14

The first thing Ivy noticed about herself when she woke up was that she was unbelievably pale. The bed she woke up in was also supposed to be warm, but she felt nothing.

How long was she out for? She was so thirsty, and just overall hungry. The hunger she felt was insatiable, but she didn't feel like eating food. It was a stranger, more unsettling feeling. She woke up in a black, silk nightdress. Ivy figured it was Alice's.

It was strange how nothing hurt, didn't she get stabbed? There was nothing Ivy could remember of that night, she just remembered screaming at Sam. Then she recalled feeling the most painful, burning sensation she had ever felt in her whole life. It felt as if she was burning alive on the inside.

Before Carlisle could even make himself known, she turned around immediately, her instincts allowed her to know.

"You're awake." He simply stated. She nodded, silently.

"You're wondering what's going on with you, aren't you?"

She nodded again.

"Why aren't you talking?" He asked. Ivy pursed her lips and hesitated, before deciding to speak.

"It makes it a little better if I don't talk." She said in a raspy, strained voice. Carlisle tilted his head. "What do you mean?" Then it hit him.

"The hunger." They said at the same time. Ivy would've cried if she could. Somehow, no tears came out. Carlisle noticed the girl's sudden sadness, and lightly hugged her. She audibly sobbed into his chest, not having the energy to hug back.

"I'll explain everything later. First, you need to feed."

Animal blood was not what Ivy thought it was. It sent her into a crazed frenzy, but she felt like something was missing. She presumed it was because she could not have human blood, the thought was so appealing to her. Carlisle let her take the mountain lion down with no issues, the newborn strength too overpowering to stop her. He watched as she hungrily sank her teeth into its flesh.

Once back at the Cullen's house, Carlisle led her into her 'new room.'

"So, what the hell happened to me?" She questioned, pacing around. Ivy idly looked at her own reflection in the mirror and let out a loud gasp. She was...so much prettier. Her eyes that were once a dirt-brown had changed into a beautiful gold color. She bit her lip. Was she some kind of demonic monster now? Was this all just some sick, twisted dream?

"Vampires are real." He began to explain. Ivy listened silently, not uttering a single word.

"You turned into one. Edward bit you after you died to turn you but just to be safe I had to inject vampire venom into you to keep you alive but I had no choice. The wound was too deep and too fatal. You turned....After you died, by the hands of Sam Uley." Ivy frowned. Again, if she could cry, she would have had the tears flowing.

"He's a Quileute shapeshifter, that's what he meant by the Quileutes and the Cullens 'drama' but it's more than that. Vampires are our natural enemies. They were made to hunt us. Sam's hyper fixation on you is not his fault, but it's not my place to tell you about those things."

Ivy stared into nothing. It was a lot to process, it was as if everything was being dumped onto her at once.

"I know it's a lot to take in...so I'll leave you alone now."