Chapter Six

It has been at least a week now and I was beginning to wonder if Pete had forgotten that I worked at Toy Barn. I mean, unless he called and one of the boys picked up and they never told me, that would make more sense. I jump off the couch and head to the kitchen where Jake and Damian were standing there, chatting and drinking beers.

"Guys, did a guy named Pete call by any chance?" They both look at me confused and shake their head.

"Pete? Who's Pete?" Jake asks, raising an eyebrow.

"He's my boss and he said he would call to tell me when I would next be working but I haven't heard anything from him." I was beginning to think that he had decided he didn't want me working there anymore. Maybe I did something wrong?

"Oh, maybe he hasn't needed you yet or he's forgotten. I mean, there is always the possibility he hasn't had the chance to make a rota or anything. I'm sure being a boss is a lot of work. But maybe you should go and see him? I'm heading off to work soon so I could drop you," Jake suggests with a shrug.

"Yeah, okay sure. That sounds good to me," I reply. I go and shower quickly. Once I was finished, I wait for Jake to finish whatever he was doing - probably getting dressed and ready for work. After about half an hour, Jake and I finally left the house.

We soon arrived at Toy Barn and I said goodbye to Jake as he headed off to his workplace. He asked me to call Damian when I was finished and I told him I would, but I wasn't really going to. I was going to hang out with Trevor and Harry. The other three were busy with stuff. When I was waiting for Jake, I decided to text them to see if they'd like to hang out. All five of them had decided to add me to a group chat, and that's where I texted them. Obviously the only two to reply with a 'sure' was Trevor and Harry.

I walked into Toy Barn and spotted Pete talking to Grace, one of my coworkers. I had worked with her on my first day. "Hey, Pete." I call once he finished speaking to Grace.

"Kylie? Hey what's up?"

"I was actually just curious as to when my next shift was. I hadn't heard from you and I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me or something," I laugh nervously. I mean, what if he actually did?

"Oh, this is funny, right? I had literally just called about five minutes ago! Your boyfriend told me you were on your way," he says, chuckling at the end. I mean, it wasn't entirely that funny but hey, we all have a different types of humour.

"My boyfriend?" I ask, suddenly clocking on what he had just said.

"Yes, some guy called Damian answered and he told me you were his girlfriend and all. So, I told him I'd just speak to you when you came here." Pete was obviously so unaware that I was shocked. Damian was definitely not my boyfriend.

"Oh," I simply said.

"Come on, I'll show you the rota for the next two weeks!" I follow him to his office, quickly stopping to say hello to Grace. I didn't want to be rude.

"Hey, Grace. You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright, thanks. How are you?" I reply telling her I was great and then she went back to her work and I followed Pete to his office where he showed me the rota for the next two weeks.

***

"Harry! Give me my phone!" I exclaim, jumping up and down just to try and get my phone from his hold. I stop and yell out in frustration. The worst thing about this whole situation was that it was Jake of all people was calling. "Come on, it's my brother and I have to answer it!"

"Alright, alright. Keep your panties on." I glare at him as he hands my phone back. It turns out that Trevor had something last minute that came up, so he couldn't make it today. In the end, it was just Harry and I.