𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 44: 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑅𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑠

I laughed quietly in the corner while Miguel glared at me.

Currently, Miguel is strapped up in this... vest thing... that has a rope attached to it. The rope runs up to the ceiling, and then back down into Sensei's hands. I guess this was Sensei's way of getting Miguel to stand?

I put my hand over my mouth to try to quiet the laughing. Miguel gave the the death glare as he stood there, strapped in the vest in the middle of the room.

"Are you ready, or what?" Sensei asked Miguel.

Miguel looked over to Sensei. "I hate this. This is ridiculous." Miguel said, before looking down at the vest. "What's ridiculous about it?" Sensei asked.

"I look like a giant baby! And plus, y/n won't stop laughing at me!" He exclaimed while he pointed at me. I lifted my hands in defense. "Wow, way to rat me out, dude!" I chuckled, before walking over to the couch and sitting down.

"Isn't there a more badass way we can do this?" Miguel asked softly. Sensei pursed his lips. "You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for badass training?" Sensei asked him. "Your legs are still pussies!" I added on loudly. Sensei chuckled, while Miguel sent me another death glare.

"Now, are you ready to stand?" Sensei asked. "Yes..." Miguel replied quietly. "One... Two..." Sensei started counting.

"You got this!" I whispered to Miguel quickly while he took a deep breath. "...three, go!" Sensei said, before letting go of the rope.

Miguel fell to the ground immediately, and I let out a small laugh. "All right. Better fall that time." Sensei announced. "Let's take five." Sensei added, while doing small finger guns. Sensei walked into his kitchen, while Miguel looked up at me.

"You know, you can actually encourage me instead of just laughing." He said to me. I smiled and kneeled down next to him. "I do encourage you! You have my full support Miggy-Boo!" I teased, pinching his cheeks. He laughed and swatted my hands away.

Miguel unclipped the rope from his vest, and used his arms to move across the floor. He didn't want my help, so I went and sat back down on the couch.

"Sensei, uh, mom's been talking about you a lot recently." Miguel announced. Miguel looked over to me, and we both sent a wink towards each other. "Oh, yeah?" Sensei asked from the kitchen.

"She says thank you for taking me to that concert." Miguel said, as he sat himself by the living room table. "She say anything else?" Sensei asked, as he started to walk back into the living room. Miguel shook his head lightly, and turned his head towards Sensei's computer on the table.

"Woah, y/n..." He said, nodding towards Sensei's computer. I looked to see tons and tons of words typed on his screen. That's more words than I type in my school essays...

"You writing a novel?" I asked loudly. "Oh. No, it's a Facebook massage." Sensei responded, as he sat at the other living room couch. "That? To who?" Miguel asked him.

"I, uh... Babe from high school." Sensei answered.
"Oh." Miguel and I answered simultaneously.

"Ali." Sensei added on.

Miguel and I's eyes went wide, and out jaws dropped slightly as we both looked over to Sensei.
"Ali?" I asked. "Like, the Ali?" Miguel asked after me. Sensei nodded coolly.

"This is huge! This is huge!" I repeated enthusiastically. "This is so huge!" Miguel agreed. "But I mean, you're not gonna send that, right?" Miguel asked. Sensei looked down at the computer, confused, then back at us.

"You cannot send her that message." I told him. "Why not?" Sensei asked us both. "Because it's, like, 80 pages." Miguel answered. "And... In all caps." I pointed out.