11. progress.

Kaydon

Kaydon

Waking up at 6 in the morning is painful. Why am I waking up at 6? I'm driving Sierra to school today.

Let me just fill you in. At 5 this morning, Aunt Tanya texted me that I needed to drive Sierra to school since she has a doctors appointment and Linda had work early. I agreed, of course, since I'm such a gentleman.

I snagged an apple and sat on the stool near my kitchen island. The sun still hadn't rise and the chilly feel in my house gave me goosebumps beneath my hoodie.

Things will be normal, Kaydon. Don't fuck it up.

I threw the core of the apple away and texted Sierra that I'll be out in a few minutes. As I walk through the hallway to get my keys and backpack, my eyes landed on the picture of me and my family when I was one years old. I was smiling with only a few teeth in my mom's arms, her hair in that "trendy" 2000s style, and my dad grinning with a Mickey Mouse shirt on. A perfect family, people would say.

I faced the picture down and grabbed my keys and bags. I turned off the lights and headed out.

**

"Your uber driver is here," I tease and open the passenger side for her. She gives a soft smile and mumbles a quiet 'thanks.' I walked around the car to my seat and locked the doors. I started the engine up and began my way to school. I notice the stuffed bags at the bottom of her feet as she keeps uncomfortably shifting around and the rustling of her clothes. She kept on trying to move her feet. "Fucking-"

"Do you wanna throw your practice bag in the back?" I laugh a little at how her long legs can't seem to fit in the car because of it.

She narrows her eyes at me for the laugh but gladly threw it in the back seat and it landed on the bottom instead. "Finally open space!" she lets out a deep sigh and turned on the radio. Of course, Taylor Swift starts playing and the next thing I know, we're driving down the road with wind blowing in, making her hair fly all over with her screaming the lyrics.

"But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts!" she shouts with a grin on her face. Dear god, help me.

"Come on Kaydon, you should know this!" she shakes my one arm as I continue driving dealing with her singing. "Why can't you see?"

"You belong with me," she nudges me and I join in at the last second.

"You belong with me."

Just as we reach school I turn off the radio before 'Afterglow' could play and she fixes her hair. I park the car, hopped out and grabbed her practice bags. "Miss Laurken," I playfully bow and she curtsied, well tried to. The jean shorts making it hard for her but she manages.