Chapter 48

Knox’s POV

A few days later Sophia and I finally came out of hiding and returned home.   I was no longer feeling the effects of my new status.   After days of taking my mate every way imaginable, my wolf was finally satisfied.   

Rafe informed me that even though we were now the Prime, our mate was still more powerful.   Except in the bedroom.   Rafe was fine taking a back seat to his mate as long as she submitted to us sexually.  

Barbaric and completely animalistic, but Sophia and her goddess were completely comfortable with keeping both of our powerful sides happy.   The compromise seemed to work for us, eliminating any power struggles.  

After a huge BBQ to celebrate everything that was happening, I decided it was time get things in order.   There was no hiding what had happened from the Council now.   They would have felt it when the title of Prime was passed down to me.   We needed to tread carefully now, protecting my mate was paramount to everything else.    

That is why Vlad, my sister Kelly, Alex, Jane, Raine, Sophia and I were currently held up in my office making new plans.   Vlad and Alex handled things perfectly while I was absent.   When Sophia and I suddenly disappeared everyone freaked until Raine sent word that we were fine.

All the bodies were gathered and burned.   Contact was made to George’s pack and the remaining 800 members were ecstatic to not be under his reign anymore.   Construction was completed on our new housing structure.   Things were progressing smoothly.

Due to the distance between me and my new pack I decided to have all members moved here.   It was a several hour drive away and I was uncomfortable leaving them so unprotected.   We were expecting our new family to arrive by the end of next week.  

To handle the new influx of people the dwarfs and elves put their building skills to use and started assisting our builders.   Instead of one large complex, several smaller ones were being built, holding about 50 people each.   Due to the amount of workers, six were already finished.   By the time everyone arrived we would have room for them with some to spare.  

Out next item to discuss was the Council.   Vlad figured they would make contact with me in the next week or so.   The ceremony would need to be scheduled as soon as possible.

“I want to thank all of you who stepped up and handled all the details while Sophia and I were indisposed.   Your dedication and leadership was appreciated.   It seems everything has been handled with regards to joining the two packs and housing.   Excellent job from everyone.”

We still didn’t know when the Council would make an appearance and that kept everyone on edge.   But more importantly was Sophia’s grandmother.   For centuries her wrath destroyed everything in her path.   Even though she wouldn’t admit it, Sophia was scared having to face her own flesh and blood.  

We were prepared to the best of our abilities.    Our pack was strong and were ready to fight.   The rumors have started with regards to their Queen.   Many that were on the field that day noticed her purple eyes.   We would have to make an announcement soon.   But I just wanted to wait until I heard from the Council.

I would do anything to protect my mate and family.