Chapter Forty-Four

Reference of Katerina

Zaiden's POV

We pulled into the venue of the hall that was hosting the banquet and it's a private place so there wasn't paparazzi which I was thankful for because I really didn't feel like dealing with them.

I got out the car and got Auria's door open helping her out while she smiles at me. We walked along to the huge wooden doors of the hall, the doorman got the door open and we both walked in to be greeted by eyes of most person's that I know who are obviously welcomed.

Now if you think paparazzi was bad this situation was now of a paparazzi but the formal kind. I mean I know and accept that people offen want to settle deals and whatever but seriously this was not the time or place for that.

“Let's find a seat yeah?” I ask looking down at Auria and she nods. I looked around for someplace that was empty since I know Auria still gets anxiety form being around a lot of people even though she's so friendly with everyone. I don't need her panicking on me tonight so it's best to play it safe.

“Do you wanna get some food?” I ask her as we took our seat at a table on the far side of the room. “Dessert sounds better ” she say blinking at me “fine” I tell her not bothering to argue as I would probably not get my way anyways.

I waved a waitress over and she told her what she needed which I think is berries and cream crepes and I just got red wine since this was indeed a banquet and that's all people ever do is drink wine and champagne sometimes I do have to wonder if it's tradition or something. Did someone wake up one day and say ‘from now on, we'll only drink at any formal event’ and everyone just listened like you will rarely see people eating at a banquet unless it's something that was literally created around the base of food.

“Mr.Vaughn” came a voice making me snap my head up and if I was light headed I would've probably fell from my seat “damn, old man it's been a while” I say standing immediately hugging him. “Yeah, a whole ass year is a while” he says patting my back “what are guys doing here?” I ask pulling away going to hug a smiling Alex I swear this man his always smiling.

“A little birdy pinched me you know so” he says shrugging and I swear dad be doing the most  sometime. I look back to a confused Auria who awkwardly smiled at me and I gave her my hand which she took carefully standing. “Guys this is  Auria I'm assuming you've heard alot” I tell them because of course why wouldn't they. “Of course we've heard a lot are you kidding, and she's even more prettier in person” uncle Alex says making her blush she's so cute. “Baby, this is uncle Xander he is dad's best friend and unlce Alex and he is mom's best friend” I introduce them as they waved smiling at her.

“I can't believe you've grown so much and why won't you come visit us?” Alex ask and I smile down at him really I think he knows why I don't go to visit them I hardly even wanna go visit my parents. “Well actually-” I was saying trying to come up with an excuse before “Zaiden!?” came my name in an awe tone and I look to see the one and only “Katerina?” I ask stunned because there's no way she has grown this much, the last time I saw her she was just in the seventh grade and you will not believe how big she's gotten since then.

She got to me hugging me as I had to squat a bit to hug her as she was as short as uncle Alex is but yeah I'm not about to tell him that. “Look how big you've gotten you are no Bambie now are you?” I ask as that was my nickname for her since forever “obviously ” she says all sassy making me laugh “kat this is Auria and this is their daughter ” I say to her as she shook hands with the girl that was almost as tall as she was “it's nice to meet you” kat says smiling “same here” My baby says being friendly and sweet as usual.