<3 Coffee <3

Today I had to go to work on a Saturday. Not fun at all, my boss told me I had to come in since he had to fire a former employee. So I slowly get out of bed checking my phone to see if anything amazing happened....nothing. After checking to find nothing amazing I hop in the shower, trying to make me look like I tried at something today. 

I hurry up and wash my body, I jump out and dry my body off. I do my skincare routine and hair routine. 'Today can't get any worst' I thought to myself as I sloppily put on my makeup. I put on some ripped jeans and our company t-shirt 'Jitter's Coffee'. It's not the worst place to work at but being a 16-year-old working at a coffee shop kinda sucks. You have to listen to everyone gossip and sometimes you hear things about yourself.  

I put on my shoes and head out the door to walk to the coffee shop. I hate driving so I walk everywhere or get a ride from friends or family. I've driven before but it's just too much work. You have to constantly look out for cars, make sure you don't run someone over. Basically, it's a don't kill someone don't kill yourself kinda motto for driving. I walk to work realizing that when I drive I realize that when I pass cars I could just swerve and crash into the car the ease. (Does anybody else think this? Like you can just swerve with one little movement and boom you crash.) I get to work and check-in. 

As I begin to go into spiral thinking this day could get worse I see a boy with dirty blond hair and blue eyes walked. He looked kinda familiar but I couldn't put my finger on who he was. 

"Hello what can I get for you today?" I cheerfully say as the boy approaches the counter looking at the menu.

"I'll get a hot-," the blond boy pauses and looks down at me "um a hot black coffee." A shade of pink covering his cheeks and the tip of his nose due to the cold Minnesota winters.  

"You sure?" I chuckle grabbing the cup. The boy nods his head. "What's your name?"

"Y/n you know my name" 

"Yea but I'm working so I have no clue who you are. So name?" I keep a stern face

"Adam" He pouts

"Adam?" I linger

"Adam Banks" The boy gives me a dirty luck

"Okely dokely" I begin to make Adams black coffee. "Adam Banks" I yell out. He runs up to his coffee and grabs it. 

"Thank you." He says and starts to walk away

"Hold up come back"

"Why?" The blond boy says turning around

"Drink it"

"What?"

"Drink it" I motion towards his coffee.

"Mmm good." He says taking a sip of his black coffee. He looks at me not swallowing hoping I'd let him go but I didn't. He gave up and opened the lid and spat his coffee back in the cup. 

"Yea I don't like black coffee" He looks down

"You want the hot chocolate now?" 

"Yes please." I go back and make his hot chocolate laughing every now and then about how he tried drinking straight black coffee. 

"Here" I chuckle giving it to him

"Thank you"

"See you around." I say smiling at the boy, he returns the gesture and walks out. 

                                                                                         Adam Banks POV

"See you around." Y/n says smiling at me I return the gesture and head out the door. I begin to take a sip of my hot chocolate when I noticed something black was on the outside. I flip the cup around to see that the girl I was just talking to wrote her number on the cup. I quickly put her number into my phone making sure I didn't smug it. 

"Calling so soon?" The girl says on the other side of the phone

"Well I was just wondering maybe when your done working we can catch a move tonight?"

"Sure Banks" The girl giggles

"Cool see you then" I smile and do a little dance 

"I can see you" Y/n giggles

"Oh haha" I laugh nervously my cheeks turning red

"Don't stop, it was cute" The girl says causing me to look over swooning over her. 

--------

I will admit that wasn't terrible. Some parts weren't my favorite but oh well. This was a bit short so sorry about that. So what other suggestions do you guys have? I'm running out of ideas. Also, check out my story Serendipity! I rewrote it and like it a lot more so please please check it out. And give me any tips so I can improve my writing!! I feel like it's pretty trashy right now.  

Ps: I didn't reread it so there may be spelling errors so don't judge

You just read: 802 words