chapter 43

Song: Saturn by Sleeping at Last

[Listen to capture Y/n's feelings for this chapter]

...

"You need to stay behind." He said, raising his paw to silence you so that he can finish explaining. "You won't miss out on the training— it'll be a couple of hours at most and then you can take the next ferry to the island. Is that okay?"

There was no argument in this, he was the principal after all. So, you merely nod before returning to class, dragging your feet a little at the news.

Due to Aizawa's absence the other day, his training session planned had to be pushed off for another weekend, which happened to be this weekend. To give the class an opportunity at real hero work without any pros there as backup, a small island off the coast volunteered as host. Now, it was official, the heroes from Class 2-A would be heading to Nabu Island first thing in the morning tomorrow and operate the island alone, even without Aizawa.

But, the Hero Commission had asked to speak with you, hence why Nezu said you couldn't leave tomorrow with the class. How depressing.

The class had about five more minutes until it ended, so there was no reason to return. Plus, you knew your father was breaking the news of the trip to the class. Therefore, you turned around and proceeded to walk towards the cafeteria, knowing Bakugo would bring your stuff.

Getting in line for food, you grabbed a plate and thanked the chef, Lunch Rush's food always seemed to bring your spirit up. You wondered how your friends would take the news, it wasn't even that bad— you were probably being dramatic about everything, but still, that was half a day you were missing with them, even more. Plus, this wasn't like any other training sessions, it would also be broadcasted.

The thing about U.A is that they had enough resources to connect their students with pro heroes, they had the money to push their students forward so that they can make it big in the hero world. It's what made them the top hero school after all. Just like the Sports Festival and even the Gala, this training session would record the young heroes in action to give civilians and insight into the type of heroes U.A was guiding here.

It also showed the world the type of heroes everybody was, making it easy to get scouted. Overall, it was a big deal. Sure, it was a bit narcissistic and shallow to treat a training exercise as a reality t.v show, but that was the world of heroes. It wasn't just saving people and fighting villains— the image one portrays was just as important, the opinion from the people was even more important. If the people didn't like you, then you didn't stand a chance at making it big.

It was why heroes like Hawks and All Might managed to reach the top so quickly, the image they portray to the people made them favorites instantly. So yeah, maybe you didn't like the idea of doing hero work in front of cameras but that was the life that awaited you.

"Where the hell have you been?"

Looking up at the sound of his gruff voice, you give him a slight pout as he takes a seat across from you, his lunch plate clattering against the green table of the cafeteria, the rest of your friends sliding in with questioning looks.

"Yeah, you missed the news: we're going to Nabu Island!"

"Vacation baby!"

It wasn't exactly going to be a vacation, but Aizawa had promised them that on the last day they could relax and enjoy the tropical weather.

"Principal Nezu called me in. I won't be going to Nabu Island with you all tomorrow." Before you could finish your statement, they were already shouting protests.