Chapter 9

Indeed, I face-planted onto the dark, hardwood floor and my glasses went flying off my face. The lack of noise hinted it landed on a rug. Draco's present thankfully wasn't squished though if it somehow got squished I would be surprised by my weight.

Multiple sets of footsteps rushed over to my locations where I heard voices chatting amongst themselves.

"Oh," A woman gasped softly, "Maybe I should have collected the boy myself."

"Nonsense, Narcissa," The man reassured the woman. "Draco has already explained that this was the best form of transport for Harry, he's merely not used to the travel."

Someone walked to my side and helped me stand. I must look ridiculous with my eyes squinting and soot covering me. A black blob with pale splotches waved and I see my soot-covered hands be cleaned. The blob that helped me up was my height so I had to assume it was Draco, but I had to make sure.

Unceremoniously, I plant my hand on the blob's face, patting it several times before finding the nose. "Oh, okay, you're Draco!" The now confirmed Draco jerked his head back and rushed to a section of the floor that was wavier than the rest of the surroundings, bend down then back to me. I winced when there was suddenly clarity, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting to land that hard. My glasses usually stay on my face- Woah..."

The movies did not do the Malfoy's Manor justice. Sure, everything was dark with black, glossy wooden flooring and old-fashioned wooden walls with intricate slabs of stone perpendicular to the planks. But every piece of furniture looked as if a Victorian goth had commissioned and designed the work. Tasteful silver was sewn subtly in the fabric of the couch and armchairs. Obsidian black chandeliers with elaborate vined legs dangled from the ceiling with pure white candles glowing dimly yet the house was well lit. Everything was picture perfect, and to be honest, I was a little intimidated to even sit in one of the chairs.

In the middle of the lounge was Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy, both watching me. Narcissa carried her posture with grace and dignity, but a twinkle of fond amusement was hidden behind her eyes. Lucius just looked posh and smug... not much of a change.

I look at Draco with a wide grin. "Holy crap Draco, your house is awesome!" I froze, Draco looked puzzled and I suddenly had the desire to curl up in a ball and hide somewhere. My accent changed from its usual eastern British accent to... well... American. I couldn't point a particular state, but it was definitely on the Western side.

Draco, poor thing, gaping like a fish as he struggled to respond. "Hermione was right! You do change your accent without a thought!"

"Uh... I... ahem," I cleared my throat, trying to pull my accent back into place.

"Anyway," Draco interrupted what was no doubt going to be more rambling. "Let me introduce you to my parents." Draco grabbed my wrist, seemingly ignoring the fact that I was recovering from my embarrassment and dragged me over to his parents. "Mother, Father, this is Harry Potter."

"U-um... nice to meet you, Mr. Malfoy, Mrs. Malfoy." Wait, do I bow? Shake their hands? What do I do around these kinds of people?! Draco, help!

"Likewise, Draco speaks fondly of you." Lucius stuck his hand out and I quickly shook it- wow he has a firm grip, a true politician. I didn't like the look in his eyes, was he judging my clothes? No, there was something else, but I can't... I don't recognize that look at all.

Turning to my head to the left, Narcissa stuck her hand out for me to shake. Taking her hand, I gently twisted it and kissed the back of her hand. Once again, I see Draco gaping like a fish out of water and Narcissa let out a soft laugh.

"What a charmer," Narcissa commented fondly. "Well, don't let us keep you two from enjoying the holiday. Call for Dobby if you require anything, we will be here." Narcissa nodded at her son and once again I'm being dragged around. I'm surprised my present hasn't fallen from my grip at this point.