LIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

"He's not gonna stop, go

"He's not gonna stop, go..." Steve and Bucky were currently trying to get away from Tony who was set on killing Barnes.

Bucky resumed climbing up while Steve jumped down at Tony grappling his head and dragging him down with him. Both land only a few platforms away from one another. Tony got up aiming at Bucky who was far above but then Steve threw his shield at Tony only for him to shoot it down to the bottom.

Tony then attempted to aim at Bucky again.

"Targeting systems inaccurate boss," Friday said.

"I'm eyeballing it," Tony said taking off his helmet and leaving one eye open taking a shot at the top of the launch area collapsing it shut and causing Bucky to fall.

Tony then flew to Bucky who picked up a metal pole and smacked Tony in the side. But then Tony removed the pole from his grip and grabbed hold of Bucky with his arm around his neck.

"Do you even remember them?" Tony questioned.

" I remember all of them..." They both went falling with Steve jumping back in but Bucky lands on another platform while Tony and Steve land at the bottom.

Tony and Steve stood up looking at each other. "This isn't gonna change what happened..."

"I don't care. He killed my mom...and my sister," Tony charged at Steve, they both went back and forth punching each other when Bucky came slamming Steve's shield into Tony's back. The two were giving a good fight when Tony blasted Steve into the wall and began throwing punches at Bucky.

He also sent a beam which Bucky redirected causing it to drag up the wall to the ceiling. Bucky then punches Tony back in the chest the force pushing him into the wall. Bucky then sent his metal fingers digging into the center of Tony's suit.

"I didn't kill your sister...she's alive—" Bucky told before Tony had already shot a beam out of his chest which destroyed Bucky's metal arm.

When Bucky was shot down Steve got back up, Tony then began to shoot shots at him but it was blocked by his shield.

Steve was having the upper hand in the fighting as Tony was back up onto the wall receiving the punches.

"You can't beat him hand to hand," Friday said.

"Analyze his fight patterns," Tony said.

After a brief minute, Friday spoke again.

"Countermeasures ready..."

Tony caught Steve's shield. "Let's kick his ass,"

Tony went ahead and shot Steve away landing him back next to Bucky. The two went at it with Tony getting the upper hand and shooting Steve down again. Steve was breathing heavily looking up at Tony who was looking back at him.

"He's my friend..."

"So was I..." Tony then right-hooked and left-hooked Steve as he crouched down on the ground and coughed up a little blood. Tony then pulled him up tossing him aside. "Stay down final warning," he said.

Steve wobbly rose from the ground back onto his feet into a fighting stance.

"I could do this all day..." Tony was about to shoot him but was grabbed by Bucky which he turned his attention to and kicked him in the face. That was when Steve went ahead and lifted Tony who turned on his thrusters but still landed on the ground. Steve got on top of him sending punches then slamming his shield into his helmet then took off Tony's helmet.

He raised his shield once again, Tony raised his arm in front of his face thinking he was gonna get hit but was proven wrong when Steve slammed his shield into Tony's chest shutting down his suit. Standing up he took the shield from Tony's chest and began walking over to Bucky helping him up and carrying him towards the exit.

"That shield doesn't belong to you..." Tony said slightly sitting up. "You don't deserve it..."

Steve then paused his steps. "My father made that shield,"

Without another second Steve dropped the shield and continued walking out.

•••••

Thea was laid out on the floor numb with pain years refusing to end as she laid on the floor with teary-eyed blurred vision. All she saw was the blur of the swinging lamp of light on the ceiling shining above as a figure came into view. She couldn't see who exactly it was due to her eyes being clouded with tears.

"M-Make it...s-stop...the pain...make it stop...." She stammered as more tears fell from her eyes.

With that being said something cold was placed gently against her neck and she was out cold.

•••••

Bucky and Steve sat in the jet brought by T'challa who had followed, Tony and Thea, and learned of the truth about the Vienna bombing.

He apprehended Zemo—who then admitted to what he caused in the abandoned base. T'challa had gone back and returned carrying Thea who was out.

Steve looked relieved that his teammate but also friend was alright. Bucky however had a sad gaze in his eyes followed by a sigh of relief.

"His sister...she's alive," Steve looked over to his friend who had his eyes on the unconscious Thea. "I-I couldn't—"

"I know," Steve said to his friend. They both sat back as the jet pulled off on its way to Wakanda.

A/N:
I'm so glad I'm almost done with re-uploading this story
Doing this lowkey motivate me to work on the other one🤧

894 words