Chapter 1: Cale Henituse's Return

God speaking
"Normal speech"
'Thought'

******

Kim Roksoo, who had been reading his favorite novel, suddenly feel abnormally sleepy, and he couldn't seem to be able to resist it at all.

So he let himself closed his eyes for a moment, however when he opened his eyes again, he found himself in the space filled with darkness.

He felt like he was in this situation before, even though Kim Roksoo didn't remember ever actually be stuck in darkness like this.

Welcome back, Kim Roksoo. Or should I call you Cale Henituse now?

"Cale Henituse? Ugh..." Kim Roksoo felt a massive headache unexpectedly.

The memories as 'Cale Henituse' started to filled his brain. The memories was unsealing itself when the soul finally found its body back.

"God of Death? What the hell?" Cale stumbled a little. He stood still for a moment to try and calm himself down.

"You said you'll explain, now explain." Cale gritted his teeth in annoyance at the pain while waiting for the explanation.

Ahem! White Star had been trying to become a God, but the method he used will lead to the world destruction, as you experienced it before. In order to achieve his goal, 1000 years ago, he had broken the oath that had been made with the last Dragon Lord, that lead him to be Reincarnator.

'Seek the item of Jur Thames', that's the hint that your mother left behind.

Please use everything you had gained from being Kim Roksoo to help this world avoid its destruction. As 'We' couldn't intervene directly, 'We' had paid some prices to turn back your time and lessen the burden of your soul, which you thought of as a curse.

Cale, do not confront the White Star directly if you are still not making enough preparation. Do not put yourself in danger just for revenge. Now, go.

******

Kim Roksoo or rather Cale Henituse, opened his eyes again to find himself in a luxurious room. He frowned a little as the headache had not subsided completely yet.

'That damn God of Death, didn't even give me a chance to ask. Who is Nelan Barrow? No wonder I was so attracted to his novel. It's basically what happened in the past life. When will this headache go away? I still need to go get mother's diary from father. That's very likely what the hint is about.'

The knocking sounds woke Cale out of his thoughts, the voice of an old man followed after the knocking sound. "Young master, are you awake? May I come in?"

"It's Ron. He haven't left." Cale mumbled to himself.

'If Ron is still here, then I shouldn't have got bea— uh I shouldn't have met Choi Han yet' Cale shivers just thinking of the memories he had just got back. 'And I used to scold Cale for being so dumb and get beaten, to think I actually scold myself this whole time. Heh! So ironic.'

"Young master Cale." The voice, Ron, made his presence known again.

Since Cale was still somewhat lost in thought as he tried to organize his memories. No one answer Ron. So he opened the door to come in directly.

"Oh, Young master, you have already awakened. I thought you are still asleep as I didn't hear your reply." Ron went to open the curtain after entering.

He continued. "Master Deruth wishes to dine with the young master since it has been a while. It looks like it is possible today."

Cale was staring at Ron since he walked in. He suddenly felt like he was truly an idiot.

'I blamed Ron and Beacrox for leaving me and go with Choi Han who was the one beaten me up. I'm such an idiot. Ron's and Beacrox's family got massacred by that damn Arm organization which mean that damn White Star is the one ordered it.'

Cale was silent as he looked down at his hand that clenched the blanket tightly.

Ron, who felt strange at Cale's silence, looked a bit concern. "Are you still drunk, young master? Should I call the doctor?"

"Maybe some cold water will help."
"Yes, this Ron will get you some."

"Thanks, Ron." Cale said sincerely. 'For everything. Being my mental support for ten years after mother's death.'

Ron flinched for a second before he turned to leave the room.

Once Cale was alone, he got off the bed and headed toward the bathroom. Cale saw himself in the mirror.

He stared at himself for a while. He really missed his red hair that reminded him of his mother. "Mom."

Cale took his eyes off the mirror after a few moments, and walked into the tub filled with warm water. "Maybe the God of Death was waiting for the time where Kim Roksoo has no one to miss. I guess he is a bit reliable."

Cale had made some simple plans inside his head. There were a lot of things he needed to do but first he had to figure out today's date.

"Young master, are you inside the bathroom?"
"Yes. I'll be right out."

Cale put on his bathrobe and quickly exited the bathroom.

Ron offered the glass on the tray to Cale. "Here you go, Young master."

"Hm, thanks. By the way, Ron, what is today's date?" Cale took the glass from Ron and take a sip. He felt his headache cleared up a little.

'Something different about the young master.' Ron's expression turned odd.

"Today is the 29th day of March in the 781st year of the Felix Calendar, Young master." Ron answered respectfully and call in the servant to help Cale dressed up.

Cale froze. The record of the novel appeared inside his mind. 'The Harris village is destroyed on 28th of March of the 781 year Felix Calendar. The novel was very specific on this date. But that damn God of Death, couldn't he give more time to prepare, what if I got beaten up again?'

Cale sighed. "Prepare something simple for today."

After becoming Kim Roksoo, complicated outfits sounded very hard to endure. Simple clothes were much more comfortable.

Cale started to think again while the servant started to dress him up. 'I have to avoid getting beaten while doing my best to help Choi Han. I can't leave him alone. I understand how it felt to be left alone while your family died in front of you.'

Cale nodded to himself in determination. But when he saw Ron who was stand to the side flashing his signature benign smile, Cale felt a little goose-bumped.

'His smile seems so vicious after I know he's an assassin. Even if I'm sure he won't kill me. Ignorance is bliss indeed.'

"Ron, let's go."
"Yes, young master."