Chapter 31 - Next Step

I toss and turn in my bed but I can't seem to fall asleep. 'Was teaming up with Hanma the right decision..?'

I read that making people like you could be an easy way to manipulate them.. but that act lasted for only a few seconds. I couldn't bring myself to pretend to like him like that. 

Being honest about using him would probably be more interesting, wouldn't it? Kisaki did the same.. Hanma finds me interesting so that would probably be the best bet..

But would it be better if he liked me? Maybe there would be less chances of betrayal.. But no.. I won't be able to keep up with that act.. 'A soft spot for me, huh?'

"Ugh!" I groan in frustration. "It's okay! Even if he betrays me, I've got a plan! It will be difficult but not impossible.."

Trying to fall asleep, I think about my meeting with Hanma after the shrine visit.

.

.

.

"I-Is that all?" Hanma stutters causing me to look at him with a hint of amusement. 

"No. There's something else as well but I'll tell you once the day of the event is near. Also, if Kisaki does anything suspicious-

"I'll report it to you." He interrupts. 

"O..kay.." I glance at him, trying to figure out if he had any hidden motives. "But you're really gonna do that? Kisaki could find out, y'know?" 

"Meh." He just shrugs it off. "Give me your number so that I can tell you when anything happens." 

I narrow my eyes at the boy. "Was that your intention all along?"

"Aww~ Did I get caught?" He grins lazily while I just shake my head at him.

We exchange numbers and he asks me a question, "What will you save it as?" 

"Nishinoya."

"Huh?"

"Some random guy's name so that others won't be suspicious if they ever accidentally see the name on my phone."

"Hmm.. What should I use then?" He does a thinking pose with his hands. 

"Just use a random name." I laugh at him, taking a simple matter like this so seriously.

"Darling."

"Ew."

"Ouch~ It didn't even take one second for you to reply!' He says dramatically while pretending to be offended. "That's why, I'm gonna save it as exactly that~"

I sigh at his antics. "Sure. Just don't call me that in person." 

"...."

"....."

"Darling~"

"Shut up~" 

.

.

.

I lightly chuckle remembering the scene. 'But I shouldn't trust him fully..'