18. Prince and Princess

"Deep in every heart slumbers a dream, and the couturier knows it: every woman is a princess."

- Christian Dior.

#######

Natalia drove away. After meeting the judge, she was hesitant of the upcoming result. She presented evidences while Devon submitted affidavits to counter it. The judge was more leaning on the fact that both of them gave their consent and consensually wanted to be wed at the first place. She couldn't bear if the result will favor Devon.

Natalia tightly gripped the steering wheel and wandered around. She finally stopped when she felt worn out reaching the far end of the city. She stepped out of the car and looked at her surroundings. It's a secluded road filled by trees on each side. She decided to explore and enjoy the nature.

After several steps, she saw an old church and a building at the back part. It's well-maintained but seemed abandoned because of its quietness. Natalia turned around to go back to the car when someone spoke.

"Young lady. Do you need anything?"

Natalia turned her head and saw an old man wearing a priest attire.

"Good afternoon Reverend. Sorry to disturb you. I'm just looking around." She uttered.

"Ah. A wandering person sometimes needs guidance. What can this old man do for you?" The clergy man said.

Natalia looked at him. There's something with the holy man that seems trustworthy and she did not hesitate to share with him the things that's bothering her.

Both of them were already sitting on one of the pews inside the church as Natalia finished her story.

"You know child, maybe that is one of the plans of God for you. But do not be mistaken, HE is not yet done with you. Everything has its reason and purpose." The old man uttered.

"But why is it so hard? Why do bad things happen?" Natalia asked the billion dollar question.

"Gold undergoes a very thorough refining process to eliminate impurities. And you child, are more precious than gold. So, it's only fitting that we will undergo many testings so we can grow and be mature. At the end, HE had already prepared the best for you. The truth remains that HIS goodness is not defined by our situation. Just believe, child." The old man said encouraging Natalia.

The woman just nodded giving the holy man a grateful smile.

"Princess! Princess!" A little voice called out.

The two persons, who were still sitting down, turned their heads to the little girl.

"Hannah, what're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the library?" The old man asked gently.

"Yes Reverend. But I saw this glossy book with a prince and a princess." The little girl handed the magazine to the old man.

Natalia took a quick scan at the cover page. It has a picture of a couple standing side by side. The beautiful woman's hand was anchored over the arm of the handsome man. Both of them smiling.

"Are you a princess, too?" Hannah asked Natalia.

"Do I look like one?" Natalia smiled.

"Uhm! You're pretty like her. It says there that she's a ditch....duch.."

"Duchess, Hannah." The Reverend helped the child.

"Yes that's it! I wanted to be one and looked for you, Reverend. I want to pray that I will become a princess when I grow up. Then I saw her...a real life princess!" The child adorably said pointing at Natalia.

"Alright child. We will pray. Ms. Princess here will be on her way. It's getting dark. Her prince will be looking for her." The Reverend told the child.

Natalia being touched, kissed the girl's forehead and bid goodbye to the two people who clearly helped her to be refreshed. She then glanced at the magazine and saw something. It's a name that's very familiar to her.

The man on the cover is none other than Alexander Gates.

#######

"Are you done?"

"Yes father. How's the other plan going?" Devon asked Euro.

"Jude Genome is a resourceful guy. Thankfully, he's on our side. He had drafted a crafty idea supported by tedious documents. Jake Zimmer will, of course, have doubts about replacing some officers under him but the so-called evidences which are against them are sufficient and will be proven to be true. We're waiting for the right time. Our people will take over the management of Zimmer Company." Euro updated his son.

Devon nodded his head. He needed these things to work. He will have Natalia by his side and at the same time become a powerful man.

#######

Meanwhile at the Zion Group...

"Sergei, were you able to contact the State Court?" Alexander inquired while signing some papers for approval.

"Yes, sir. In fact, our man have sent us a copy of all the documents pertaining the appeal." The assistant replied and put a sealed envelope on the table. Alexander took it and opened the document.

"Get my personal lawyer right now."

"On it, sir."

#######

Jake visited Natalia at her condo unit. His sister was currently cooking dinner for both of them.

"Piglet, I shouldn't be asking if you're fine but I have to ask it." Jake told his sister.

Natalia sighed and, for the second time, shared what had happened earlier except the anecdote at the church.

"That fraud!" Jake angrily voiced out.

"We need to review the copies of documents that were submitted by Devon. I have it with me." Natalia stated.

"Alright. I'm going to give that to our lawyer for review. Hopefully he can find some looped holes." Jake agreed and slurped a portion of Aglio e Olio pasta.

"This is delish!"

"Thanks, brother." Natalia smiled at the compliment.

"Oh. About the review findings of what had Mr. Genome submitted last time, it turned out to be true. Those who are listed were ashamed when we evaluate their departments. They are even willing to step down." Jake informed Natalia. His sister didn't say anything.

"But it's strange, isn't it? All of them at the same time?" The older sibling added.

"Indeed. But as you have said, the analysis were accurate. So precise as if someone had planned it." Natalia smirked drinking a glass of orange juice.

Jake nodded knowingly. They need to think a way to counter.

#######

"Piglet, are you sure you don't need me there?" Jake was driving Natalia to the State Court. After discussing with his sister last week, the court summoned Natalia again.

"I'm sure brother. No need to worry. I have all that I need." She reassured Jake holding her tote bag.

"Alright. Update me, okay?"

"Of course." Natalia replied and descended from the vehicle.

Inside the judge's chamber...

"Please, have a seat." The judge told the two. "Yesterday, an important witness came at my door then claimed he was a vital part of your wedding."

Devon and Natalia were surprised. Both of them didn't expect anyone.

Several minutes had passed as they wait for the person.

"Here they are." The judge said. The door of his chambers opened. Two people walked in.

"Princess!" The little girl shouted happily.

#######

A/N: Hannah is so adorable! (n_n)

I do not own the picture attached to this chapter.