12 ✿ To Tame The Tiger | kalhixo

kalhixo

note: the questions in italics are things the writer wanted to know.

a fair portion of this review is getting edited/already edited by the writer. i'm putting this out to be fair! hope the notes benefit other writers.

✿ first impression: title, cover and description (10/15)

title is unique and has nice alliteration in it. just lowercase 'the'. i'm still waiting to see how it fits the storyline, tho.

i love the cover. i love the colours used. it fits the genre. good job.

i disliked the description. it was long, and from where you said "Read to..." until the next paragraph, i disliked the sound of it. you don't tell us to read, you make us want to read, yk?

altho the two main characters were expected to connect from reading the first paragraph, your individual introduction of each disconnected them. why not write a description that describes them together and how they will face the climax together? and speaking of the climax, and considering the genre fantasy, i think you need to tease us about the climax more.

also, here are suggested edits:

✿ plot (/20)

so, i understood from the description there is a covert society called vahanaa, and rudra's stepfather is the emperor. then this:

 then this:

confusion. had to reread this paragraph many times. you jumbled up what you needed to explain throughout the whole story in one paragraph. so the emperor of vahanaas killed the traitors in his society, right? i think you need to explain the vahanaa society simpler than this and gradually. and who are the parties you're talking about? the traitors and the emperor? who's goddess durga? (i researched about her later)