Chapter 5

~ו×~

~ו×~

After showing you around, Jake finally leaves you to do a simple task that he thinks would be easy for you to do. You walk inside the kitchen and spots the bowls filled with food. Each equally portioned. You grab a large tray and puts the bowls one by one so it's be easier for you to carry out into the open hall where Jake said they all eat in. After doing so, you carry the tray over your shoulder and was surprisingly not that heavy. But considering the conent of the bowl, it'll scald you if you were to trip over so you carefully walk out and entered the hall.

Men, everyone was talking their own businesses and minding their own shits. You slowly lowered the tray and placed it on a smaller table just at the side of the hall. Jake was already there distributing cups and spoons. He said it would only draw attention if you do it yourself. But seeing him take his time to give out the utensils and cups, you decided to just serve out the bowls of food before it could even get cold.

You quickly placed the food infront of each men and before they could even place a spoonfull in their mouth, your scent catches their attention. No one has ever smelt that good in a while and although you were wearing Hoseok's clothes, your scent really oozes out of you drawing in their attention.

You didn't noticed so you just continued to give the food which Jake gratefully smiled as he watches yiu help him. It was a chore for him really, he has done this since he was a kid but now that you're ehere, he seemed to be very happy that atleast, someone is willing to help him out.

The only time you notice that everyone's eyeing you was when they start to murmur to themselves. A few catcalls and a few attempts to touch you. Once you have finished giving their meals, you pass by a group of men who are laughing and whistling at you. One particular man grabbed your ass. No one has ever grabbed you like that before even back at the brothel since everyone was scared of you. You slapped his hand off of you earning a chuckle from him.

"Come one woman, it'll be fun," he said and attempted to touch you again when you dodged his hand.

He does another attempt but you grab him by his hand and pushed it towards him downwards in an angle where you know it'll cause him pain. He groans and glares up at you while the other men started laughing histerically.

"One more touch and I will break your nose," you warned him.

He didn't seem to listen to you as he lunges at you. You hit the floor with him on top of you. His hand was about tk smack the life out of you when dodged it and using the heel of your palm, you pushed his chin upwards and kicked his stomach from where you are positioned.

Another groan is heard from him and Jake noticed it finally. He came running quickly to you as soon as possible. He's worried that they have already done something horrible to you. But once he got there, you already have unsheathed the sword from the man and pointed it against his throat. Blood coming out of his nose as he pants hard in anger.

"I wasn't kidding when I said I'd break your nose," you said in a warning tone.

Jake ran to your side and pulls the sword away from your grip. Your eyes never left him, his lips twitching in anger.

"Boss will be here any minute now, we need to get out of here or we'll be in danger," Jake mutters to you.

You contemplate on what Jake said and in the end you let go of your anger and takes a leave. Jake hands back the man's sword and runs after you.

"Where did you learn all that?" He asks you when he catches up.

"From somewhere," was all you said.

Jake was about to ask more questions but you shushed him.

"I'm starving," you said and pulls Jake back into the kitchen where Jin has separated food for you three.

Hoseok saw it all. He saw how you defended yourself. You reminded him of someone that might be the king's weakness.

But for now, he'll watch you from afar. He wants to know until when you can keep that facade.

~וו~

After eating, you went back to Hoseok's tent and readied yourself to be annoyed by him but to your surprise he's not there. Instead, Jimin was there outside as if waiting for someone. He sees you comimg and a wide smile spreads on his face. You brace yourself not really wanting to talk to him. Afterall, he's still an enemy.

"You're here, I was looking for you," he smiled wider.

"It's not nice to see you," was all he heard from you.

He chuckles at your sense of rebellion, his eyes disappearing.

"Captain wants you to know that he wants you there at the training grounds," he said, handing you a sword.

You eyed the sword but didn't accept it. You look at him skeptically, he shrugs.

"I don't even know why he wants you to have this. I don't think you even know how to use it," he mocks you.

You glare at him and raise your own brow. You walk pass him heading to the training grounds. He might just want you to polish that sword you thought to yourself.

When you got there, Hoseok was standing in the middle with no one around. His sword unsheathed and starts charging towards you.

•••

Unedited