Chapter 16

"Do not touch that!"

Taehyung slapped Jungkook's hand away, the latter having touched one of the most precious and valuable books in his possession.

"Woah, that's a nice book. It looks like it's been here for centuries," the brunette determined, admiring the dusty, beautifully constructed golden cover that looked like it had taken centuries to fabricate. "Because it has. This is my most precious and oldest book, filled with ancient poetry and lovely short stories, mostly romantic ones. It has been here generations before I had even been born."

The two of them were currently standing inside Taehyung's private library, a truly sacred place for Taehyung that he valued as much as an own personal church. Bringing Jungkook here was truly a big deal to him, and only showed how much he cared for the younger commoner boy.

"You know, this place is freaking bomb. Like in a fairytale. It would just be better if you could see properly," the brunette commented, squinting his eyes to see better through the dim candle light. It was true, the room had no windows or chandeliers and was therefore extremely dark and most definetely not a fit place to read a book. However, it was also immensely big with dozens of long wooden shelves filled with nothing but books after books.

"That's why I go outside to read," the prince smiled, looking at his safe place with nothing but fondness in his eyes. "What do people like you do during leisure times? As you have told me, not many of your kind like to read. Which is understandable, of course. Even my siblings cannot be bothered with it," he rambled.

Jungkook stepped back to face him. "You make it sound like we're a completely different species," he laughed. "At the end of the day, we're all living, breathing humans. We were just brought up with different beliefs and different traditions."

"To answer your question, we have this place called the Internet. Many people use it. No matter what your interests are or where you're from, on the Internet you can access anything. Art, music, philosophy, science, it's all there. You can learn a lot, too." Taehyung's eyes widened in fascination.

"How very lovely that sounds! Is it far from where you live? How would you travel if you live far away from there?" At that, the younger had to laugh in amusement.
"Oh god, you're so cute. I'm not talking about an actual place. The Internet is something you access online. From an electronic device. Let me show you," he said when seeing the crown prince's puzzled expression.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket (he frequently kept it in there since it made him feel safer, somehow) and positioned himself behind Taehyung as he turned it on. The latter stared at it with huge eyes filled with curiosity that shone brightly in the candle light, which he found quite adorable.

"This is Google. You can search stuff on here and then you'll have access to several websites, related to what you searched for. I don't have phone service here, though, since I'm practically in the middle of nowhere here. But yeah. Pretty cool, huh?" The prince could do nothing but nod, staring at the display in awe and wondering why things like this wonderful Google-thing didn't exist in Elysium.

"Wonderful," he whispered, feeling his breath slightly hitch as he could feel Jungkook's breath on the skin of his right shoulder while his hand rested on his left shoulder. Realizing this, he felt his heartbeat accelerate and a strange lurch inside his stomach. Was he feeling uncomfortable?

He already knew what it felt like to be uncomfortable, but this? This felt different. In a discomforting position, he would not hesitate to slip away immediately, but right now it seemed as if all his limbs were suddenly frozen, but not in shock or terror. It was almost as if he wanted to stay in this quite unusual position.