CHAPTER 29 ↠ days of fun & foundation

As promised, Michael took Bea to a piano concert within a week

As promised, Michael took Bea to a piano concert within a week. And he took her to a picture house, the first she ever went to. It amazed her and she was grateful that Michael was going to different places around with her, even if he was still recovering and walking around with a cane.

Then, before even a week from her first piano concert in New York, Michael took her to a Jazz concert.

It was as they were leaving that second concert that Bea saw Jack Bradley once more.

"Miss Gold," Jack greeted with a smile as he went to her after seeing her.

"Jack Bradley!" she exclaims as her eyebrows raise in surprised.

"I did say I was staying in New York," he states. There was no reason to be that surprised.

"Yes, I know. I just... there are so many people around here that..." Bea raised her hands as she had no words to complete her sentence. She then turns to Michael. "Oh, this is Michael. Michael, this is Jack Bradley."

"Nice to meet you," Michael says raising his free hand. "Michael Gray."

"Jack Bradley," he responded as he shook Michael's hand.

Bea could see that Jack's eyes wondered to the cane that Michael was trying to keep close to his body, as if dismissing its use.

"I had an accident. A few more days and I won't need it anymore," Michael affirms, as if trying to show him that he didn't permanently need a cane.

"Yes, of course. My apologizes, I didn't mean to... pry."

"Did you enjoy the concert?" Bea asks Jack, changing the subject.

"I did, yes. You?"

"Of course. I loved it."

"So, when do you have time to paint my portrait?" he dares asking.

"Oh, I'm not sure yet. This past week, Michael and I have been working a lot and I have yet to go and get my painting supplies."

"Let me know when you have time, then."

"I will, of course."

"We should get going," Michael says before Jack speaks again. "We have work to do early in the morning."

"Yes, we should," Bea agrees with Michael. "I know where you're staying so I'll reach out to you," she says as she turns to Jack again.