Just a cold...Right?

Thank you prfctsabby for giving me this idea ^.^

The idea was: Josh gets sick and Maya takes care of him

So in this one shot, someday came a few months after Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part 2 so Josh is still in the college dorms while Maya is still in High School/Secondary School. They have been together for around 7 months and are going strong XD

Maya's POV

I woke to the annoying ring of my phone. I roll over and answer it, "Hello?" I ask groggily. "Hey peaches." Riley says sounding like she's been crying. "What's going on honey?" I ask starting to get worried. "Josh is sick, he didn't want to tell you but I thought you should know. He's in the hospital." She tells me and I feel my heart momentarily stop. "Ok Riles I'll be there soon!" I tell her and quickly get out of bed. "See you soon!" she replies and I hang. I quickly get changed into black jeans and a 'Dickies' logo shirt.

I quickly slipped my white heels on (I think the ones in the pic are the ones she wore on her skin live performance on the James Corden Late late Show) and walked out of the house

I quickly slipped my white heels on (I think the ones in the pic are the ones she wore on her skin live performance on the James Corden Late late Show) and walked out of the house. Shawn and my mum weren't home right now. I caught the subway to the hospital (Sorry idk if the subway goes there) I get off the subway and hurry to the hospital. I walk up to the receptionist who is sat behind his desk, "Hey." I say trying to smile. "Hi. How can I help you?" he asks me. "I'm here to see Joshua Matthews, I'm his girlfriend." I say and start tapping the desk nervously. He looks up at me with a reassuring smile, "He's in room 31." he says and I start walking in the direction of his room when I run into Riley, "Peaches!" she yells and runs to hug me, tear stains evident on her cheeks. I hug her back, "Riles? What happened to him?" I ask nervously. She pulls away and looks at me, "He has a cold peaches." she says and tears begin forming in her eyes. "So why is he in hospital Riles?" I ask gently. She looks up suddenly, "He hasn't told you?" She asks me and I shake my head in response. She begins explaining how we Josh was little he almost died from a respiratory infection and ever since then his family's always been on edge in case he got ill because he may not be strong enough to fight it. I felt my worry come back up, "Let's go see him." I say before we hurry to his room. I walk in and see him in the hospital bed with his family surrounding him, his brothers, sister, mum, dad and Auggie. Riley walks me over to the side of his bed and makes me sit in the seat nearest him. I put my hand over his and see his eyelids flicker slightly. A few moments later his eyes open, "Maya?" he asks groggily. I smile at him, "Right here." I say and put my other hand on his too. He looks over to Matthews (Cory if you're confused) and Matthews's mouth turns into an 'o' shape when Josh raises his eyebrow at him. Matthews beings ushering people out after whispering something in their ear. I watch everyone leave before turning back to Josh, I look at him, "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask slightly hurt. He looks at me with regret in his eyes, "I was scared, I thought you'd leave if you knew...I was embarrassed too I guess..." he trails off, I look at him sympathetically. "Josh, I love you, I wouldn't leave because of this and you shouldn't be embarrassed. You should be proud of what you survived." I tell him. He smiles up at me and moves over in the bed while opening his arms. I smile and lay down on the bed next to him. He pulls me close to him and hugs me, I hug him back and we eventually fall asleep cuddling.

--Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed! If you have any ideas let me know ^.^ and have a great day!--

Ok, I realise now that I strayed from the idea XD. I'll make a new one that is closer to the original idea.