Chapter one hundred and four

"So here's the situation as we know it: Anakin." I spoke up as we sat within our apartment with a holloprojector displaying a map of Mandolore as it had been. Ot course things were different now that the syndicates had taken over but we had some idea of where they'd be posted at the very least. My husband stepped over and changed the projection to show what had been the duchesses residence.

"From what we've seen reported: death watch has taken over the entire capital and the space ports, getting In would be near impossible to land, luckily we have a way in, master." Anakin passed on nodding to Kenobi who was sat worriedly on the couch. He'd been like this ever since Satine got the news last night. In fact I had to doubt he slept a single wink after sharing the news with us, he looked dark eyed and exhausted. Still he rose up from his seat and changed the screen again to some underground network. Obi wan cleared his throat and brushed his hair back from his brow.

"...thanks to Satine we are aware of several underground passages into the city...Visla is threatening to start executing the citizens unless...unless..." Obi wan trailed off, face paled and eyes downcast as for a moment his breathing shook. In support I placed a hand on his back and gently rubbed his shoulder. Obi wan then took a deep breath and cast his gaze back to the hologram. "Unless Satine hands herself over: but we can not let that happen, I, I won't allow it..." He finished by saying with a spark of determination in his eyes alongside a morose sadness. It was heartbreaking seeing him this way after everything we'd discovered to do with his situation during the last day or so. The poor man was likely in turmoil due to all this, poor poor Obi wan.

Lowering his head again he nodded in indication he was done. At this point Ahsoka stepped sheepishly forward and cleared her throat. I wasn't quite sure when she'd come out from the nursery but knew she'd been quiet for quite some time now. So naturally Anakin and I both looked her way when she entered.

"I have some news too..." She began to say casting her eyes momentarily and fidgeting her fingers. I took a half step towards her able to sense something was off about her, she looked nervous, as though the weight of all republic worlds were on her shoulders...

"Ahsoka..." I began to say watching as she reached up and held a unique looking charm that now hung around her throat. Ahsoka's eyes trailed slowly up and looked to the new article between her fingers, and then she looked back to the three of us...

"...there's something I need to tell you..." she began to say with an either sadder look than the one Obi wan had previously or rather still held. My heart stopped beating in fear, a tension hung in the air around us.

"...and it's not going to be easy..."

Twelve hours earlier

Ahsoka's pov

"You need to read that letter Ahsoka...if not for the galaxy...then for her," Damien spoke as he held my hand, his voice soft yet urging as though there was something serious i wasn't yet aware of looming right ahead in my future: and I was so sick of it, of the war, the conspiracies, everything. Ari died because of some lie the galaxy kept from us, but I didn't want to say goodbye to her yet. If I read that letter though...I would have to,..

"...read it for Ari, see doesn't want you to be feeling this pain believe me." I heard his voice say as I unknowably slipped into quiet sobs. My shoulders shook as the tears ran down my cheeks, the pain I felt being the most real I likely ever would.

"...I...I couldn't save her..." I murmured quietly as I wept for what felt like the hundredth time. I'm surprised I had any tears left. "...I never got to say goodbye..." I added rubbing at my sore eyes as my throat tightened up in agony.